EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Saturday 3/3 ...wind, rain, thunder?

OKpowdah

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My wife's best friend lives in the Powell area of Tenn...her daughter is at work right now...She's afraid for her safety there..Just awh struck at all the damge down there..been watching TWC and CNN today...I would take a snowstorm any day over that ....thoughts and prayers for all down there... There was one report that slabs of asphalt was thrown a few miles...

Anyways....4-6" of snow up here tonight in Augusta Maine..Winter Weather Advisory for Augusta...it goes through Sunday am. along with freezing rain...The advisory goes into RI as well for freezing rain...

Post snow ob for Augusta...10.5 from yesterday's storm...also can be found on the Gray Maine NWS PNS

26/25, -sn, WWA in place. LOL at Blizz going on and on about last snow and all the snow being gone by Sunday. Too funny. I like that he told everybody he hopes they enjoyed their last snow this morning and now it's already snowing again.

Going to get icy where you are. ZR should put a nice protective skin on your snow, which should help it survive tomorrow's torch (if it ever occurs where you are :rolleyes:).

Going to get icy where you are. ZR should put a nice protective skin on your snow, which should help it survive tomorrow's torch (if it ever occurs where you are :rolleyes:).

Hi Mitch, it's currently 26 with steady light snow though for some reason it's not showing up well on radar. Too bad about the ice as the snow is skiing so well. I'll just till it in on the trails. Just got back from MRG and I was a bit surprised that all of yesterdays snow was still clinging to every branch and road sign. It must have stayed cold here with no wind. The snow will have no problem coming through tomorrow pretty much unscathed despite the doom and gloom forecasts by some. Still has the look and feel of mid-winter here.

Hi Mitch, it's currently 26 with steady light snow though for some reason it's not showing up well on radar. Too bad about the ice as the snow is skiing so well. I'll just till it in on the trails. Just got back from MRG and I was a bit surprised that all of yesterdays snow was still clinging to every branch and road sign. It must have stayed cold here with no wind. The snow will have no problem coming through tomorrow pretty much unscathed despite the doom and gloom forecasts by some. Still has the look and feel of mid-winter here.

It better still look like mid winter after having a substantial snowfall a little over 24 hours ago. But I was thinking about how it did look like the heart of winter. Driveway covered with hard packed powder, trees covered on every branch and icicles hanging off the roof as if it were mid-late January 2011 minus the 20 inch snowpack. 10" otg here. Been some flurries coming down for a couple hours now light coating on top of cars. Should be good for an inch or so here tonight.

Archived