amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Saturday 3/3 ...wind, rain, thunder?

OKpowdah

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was looking at that on the radar...looks like some pretty heavy echoes lining up to your wsw. Shouldn't be hard to get to 60. Actually think the CON area is getting the best of this, looking at the radar.

Yeah the heaviest of that band just passed through here. About half inch in 10-15 minutes with just shy of an inch new. .9" flakes were decent sized aggregates but there was just a ton of them. Slowed down for about 5 minutes but its coming down very good again as im out taking the dog for a walk.

Dual pol has the sleet line up near Rt 2 right now in N ORH county...but then it goes way SE south of BOS in the eastern half of the state.

Yeah ...my snow in Ayer is still snow, but it is dense ... sounds sleety but still falls like snow. Uniform size on the small side. Nice yellow echos to my west... I'm thinking that's my transition band; but then it ends there unless this back builds.

Yeah the heaviest of that band just passed through here. About half inch in 10-15 minutes with just shy of an inch new. .9" flakes were decent sized aggregates but there was just a ton of them. Slowed down for about 5 minutes but its coming down very good again as im out taking the dog for a walk.

some 30dBZs passing over you as I type...too bad they are moving so fast. I'm headed down to the ferry at Hong Kong harbor to do some exploring. Can't keep myself out this thread though lol. Not back til Saturday and it might all be gone by then.

How did the models handle tonight's weather?  I know my local and NWS forecasts were underdone as far as the wintery precip.

Funny thing is tonight gave as much or more snow than several of the mid-january events but didn't warrant much attention because of the wed/thurs snows.

NAM looked okay -

How did the models handle tonight's weather? I know my local and NWS forecasts were underdone as far as the wintery precip.

Funny thing is tonight gave as much or more snow than several of the mid-january events but didn't warrant much attention because of the wed/thurs snows.

Its always nice to light event following a storm like yesterdays. Also nice considering it kept trending cooler as the week went on. I think if it keeps snowing half as good as it is here now shouldn't have any problem getting to 2"

some 30dBZs passing over you as I type...too bad they are moving so fast. I'm headed down to the ferry at Hong Kong harbor to do some exploring. Can't keep myself out this thread though lol. Not back til Saturday and it might all be gone by then.

Id be surprised if it was totally gone. Hopefully there's some around for you when you get back. There's always your skype cam right?

What the??? Where did all that snow come from, and the radar is showing snow west and south. I thought this was supposed to be flakes turning to rain. Any chance this warms up enough to melt by 5 or 6? I've got 32.2°/31.1° here in Marlborough, moderate snow and more than an inch on the ground.

It was 95% sleet here and oddly it ended as a small fine snow for awhile. Long gone now and starting to get gusty. 32 degrees.

I'm surprised that it was mostly sleet there and mostly snow here given your elevation maybe latitude was the difference?

I'm just under 400' here and Imeasured 2" and that was after a little taint.

What the??? Where did all that snow come from, and the radar is showing snow west and south. I thought this was supposed to be flakes turning to rain. Any chance this warms up enough to melt by 5 or 6? I've got 32.2°/31.1° here in Marlborough, moderate snow and more than an inch on the ground.

Half decent chance, especially after sunrise but why do you want it to melt? lol.

Id be surprised if it was totally gone. Hopefully there's some around for you when you get back. There's always your skype cam right?

Lol I'm ready for spring (until the next big snow is modelled). But wow on the radar....yellow echoes repeatedly appearing up near Boscawen, Webster, Canterbury... someone will get 3-4 out of this.

Lol I'm ready for spring (until the next big snow is modelled). But wow on the radar....yellow echoes repeatedly appearing up near Boscawen, Webster, Canterbury... someone will get 3-4 out of this.

I have 1.5 now and looks to be another 45-60 minutes im guessing by radar probably closer to 45 but 2" seems like a lock. Would bring snow otg to a foot

Because I'll have to start plowing within the next ten minutes if it won't.

Oh. Yeah, it ain't gonna' melt clear if that's what you mean. Over and inch followed by a little glaze isn't going away before dawn. Your clients will want plowing most likely even if it hits the 40's there later in the day.

Gonna be ending soon 1.8" looks to be it doubt ill get another .2 with the lighter echos coming through. Still a nice little event and more than I was expecting.

Could happen though as its coming down hard again. Not going to stay up to find out though.

Snowed like Crazy in Boston (staying over for a gig tomorrow), and the Snow/Sleet Mix stuck to Everything!

4 Days of Snow in A ROW to Open March!! JUST Like I was saying in December/January. It'll make up for it Somehow.

The light Fresh Snow over light Fresh Snow events are of my favorites for beauty.

Did some Sledding today! 5 Minutes! :) X/

Will you had That much tonight?

LOL... at this thread title... rain. Its all snow and wintery obs.

I can't believe this was thought to be a rain or thaw event. We had a couple hours of light snow, looks like maybe an inch but don't quote me on it, and then its over. No more precip expected by BTV today... they even have Partly Sunny skies forecast this afternoon.

Nice. Dodged a bullet I think... snow stil caked on all the trees.

Archived