joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Saturday 3/3 ...wind, rain, thunder?

OKpowdah

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Classic example of how convection robs moisture, after WAA dump most all models showed secondary heavy rain across NE, umm no.

We did get a fair amount of showery rains with some embedded heavier episodes here in the interior though -

I think the biggest issue with this system was that the dynamics (deep layer) translated quite far west. If the mid level wind max(s) associate with the deep layer S/W had translated closer to the coast we probably would not have benefited as well with the length of time it snowed in the area late last night, and also would have seen a more proficient erosion of what cold was in place. For those that want wintery appeals it was likely the best plausible result.

Never got much rain, thankfully, but had periods of sleet alternating with fat icy agglomerates late morn/early aft. Made it a bit uncomfortable looking up to prune branches above my head. Snow depth either gained an inch to 18" or ended up same as before this little event - better than I'd hoped. Took a snow core this aft, and found 1-1.2" of very solid gray ice at the bottom, which I was unable to include. The 17" above it had 4.12" water, so the total must be close to 5", prbably about 1" lower than my avg for early March.

Archived