joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Feb 24-25 Secondary Cyclogenesis and Upslope Obs

dendrite

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

33F and snowing close to moderately now. A lot of the flakes have that refrozen look to them so there is still a marginal layer aloft they are falling through which is leading to the high reflectivities on GYX.

Of course I have the weekend off but could not head north because of a birthday party tomorrow. Figures

Of course I have the weekend off but could not head north because of a birthday party tomorrow. Figures

It always seem to work out that way. I'd assume Center Harbor is all snow right now too.

I keep checking outside every 5-10 minutes and it seems to be doing something different. The sleet is mixing back in at times, but everything falling is heavy.

It always seem to work out that way. I'd assume Center Harbor is all snow right now too.

I keep checking outside every 5-10 minutes and it seems to be doing something different. The sleet is mixing back in at times, but everything falling is heavy.

Well hope you get some decent snow. Always have a special place for that area wx wise. .

8:00 P.M. update: 2.0” in the past 2 hours, so snowfall is averaging out right at 1”/hr in this area. Storm total through 8:00 P.M. is 3.8”. It’s still a bit above freezing here, so with cooler temperatures, the snowfall in the mountains must be really going off. There does appear to be another round of stronger echoes coming into the area soon:

24FEB12C.gif

Just got in from walking the dog around Peacham. Pretty quiet out there on the town but it usually is even without a snowfall. The snow wasn't too hard but was picking up the last 5 min or so. Very small flakes. The noise from the wind was noticeable and steady. I doubt we see a big snow from this as we have at most an inch new out there so far.

Oh we are sitting at 30.7 f

defintely a chance, you'll have a better chance than me being a bit further east

we should both dryslot later this evening or early tonight, for a short moment....before steadier snow moves back in at least for a period of time.

also will depend where you are in montreal. the southern sections of the city, especially S of the champlain bridge towards vermont will have the best shot tomorrow i tihnk for additional accums.

Snow itch got a good scratchin tonight. 3 mile walk around Montreal, restaurant au pieds de cochon. Snowing hard since 4..mod to occassionally heavy, 5-6 inches now and heavy echoes seem to be developing over us as the back edge nears. Up here they have these mini plows that do the sidewalks and it is really easy to walk around in heavy snow. awesome...

Archived