joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Feb 24-25 Secondary Cyclogenesis and Upslope Obs

dendrite

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 1.  We had some stuff we had to do this morning.  Waterville was terrific, snowed part of the day.  Nobody there, empty.  Longest lift line was 6 people the entire day from 11 to 315 when we left.  Literally nobody there.

Just bustin Scott, great place, should be dumping there tonight. LOL

Absolutely dumping up at Stowe. This is looking very promising. UKMET/GGEM/NAM, even the GFS... just big, big hits between synoptic and upslope combination. Orographic effect tomorrow morning will be huge.

Just ripping...

And for Messenger... "cue the guy in the red jacket." ;)

Its about time we get a real snowstorm.

I don't know how to get the emoticans on my Iphone either..

Think I might be sol on this event, nws forecast downgraded to little or no snow/sleet accum, but still have advisory for 3-6 just to keep me slightly interested. Good luck, hope you get dumped on. Id even be happy with an inch that falls in a half hour or hour but not even sure if I come away with more than a few pellets of whatever circular crystalline water fell earlier.

in Montreal...WOW is right....just went frm steady moderate to heavy here...def under 1/4 vis and its pretty breezy. Does this primary develop a connection to the coastal?

defintely a chance, you'll have a better chance than me being a bit further east

we should both dryslot later this evening or early tonight, for a short moment....before steadier snow moves back in at least for a period of time.

also will depend where you are in montreal. the southern sections of the city, especially S of the champlain bridge towards vermont will have the best shot tomorrow i tihnk for additional accums.

Anyone see the 18z NAM....978 in the Gulf of Maine tonight...sorry NECN..but your totals are way off if this happens,as well as the NWS's snow totals for Augusta ,Waterville and Bangor...gonna get some intense snow bands..with embedded thunderstorms...thundersnow...then throw in the powerful winds and you have blizzard conditions all across Maine and Vermont...HIgh wind warning for all of Mass tomorrow and storm warning for the coastal waters..wow this is gonna be deep..Ski areas you deserve this big time! Bottom line..I am sensing big time totals for much of Maine tonight and into Saturday with wrap around snows and high winds...wow! Thanks,Craig

http://www.northeastweathereye.com follow us on facebook and twitter

Think I might be sol on this event, nws forecast downgraded to little or no snow/sleet accum, but still have advisory for 3-6 just to keep me slightly interested. Good luck, hope you get dumped on. Id even be happy with an inch that falls in a half hour or hour but not even sure if I come away with more than a few pellets of whatever circular crystalline water fell earlier.

That sucks, Hopefully it works out here thanks we will watch radar trends looks like i have some precip just to my SW that looks to be snow heading this way

Any thoughts on how the S. VT ski areas will do? BTV seems much more bullish on snow than ALY (even adjusting for latitude). I know they are too far south for the main upslope event tomorrow, but hoping they might be able to do OK with the synoptic snow and some squalls tomorrow. I'm going to try to come up to ski on Sunday. I might be able to get as far north as Killington, but it's much easier to go to Stratton or Mt. Snow.

The GFS is still cold aloft at 00z. It's an all snow sounding here throughout (near isothermal H8 and lower) with about 0.50" QPF after that. The better echoes are moving into W NH now so we should be able to seeder feed this useless DZ.

edit: It's actually more snizzle than drizzle. About 0.2" accumulation. Still 33F.

What do you guys think for the Monadnocks at 1200'? Brian? Radar looks juicy but it's been mostly rain/freezing drizzle with the light stuff today.

good question zuck

i'lll be about 20 miles NNE of you tonite in francestown.....every mile north will help with mid level temps

but keep posting your obs zuck ..i may hound you on fb for a few obs around 9pm bc i'm leavin boston for francestown around 8pm

The GFS is still cold aloft at 00z. It's an all snow sounding here throughout (near isothermal H8 and lower) with about 0.50" QPF after that. The better echoes are moving into W NH now so we should be able to seeder feed this useless DZ.

edit: It's actually more snizzle than drizzle. About 0.2" accumulation. Still 33F.

Where do you get your soundings from? I actually think it just clicked for me on how to finally understand them enough to get an idea of what they're showing. Up until I saw it was the 12z run of the gfs and have no way to look at 18z.

Actually I just think I found a pretty good site, ever use http://rucsoundings.noaa.gov it's not just the RUC as the website title would imply,

Where do you get your soundings from? I actually think it just clicked for me on how to finally understand them enough to get an idea of what they're showing. Up until I saw it was the 12z run of the gfs and have no way to look at 18z.

Forecast soundings from Plym

http://vortex.plymouth.edu/grbsnd.html

Archived