joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Feb 24-25 Secondary Cyclogenesis and Upslope Obs

dendrite

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

scott how is the precip movement setting up w/ the arrival of the cold air aloft. not holding you over the coals. but you think there may be some decent precip left for elevated interior of mass for a few inches over to say socks.....like MPM to socks?

Lol... Wachusett is open and people are skiing/riding in this crap

Nope...just got a coating that goes down as a trace...frustrating bust...but it happens. Not the first time and it won't be the last. Dry air killed us more than models indicated...we had like 3 hours of virga...was only expecting maybe an hour or so. HRRR handled it the best, but even that was still too robust for us as it indicated an inch or so on most runs.

Rgem was pretty accurate:

http://meteocentre.com/models/get_accum.php?mod=gemreg&run=00&type=SN&hi=000&hf=048〈=en&map=na

Seems to be about 60/40 in favor of rain but windshield has those icy splats all over it however im heading south so we will see how it looks when I go back home. Would live to be surprised with white ground when I get back in a couple hours. Almost to hooksett now and the snows still mixing in about the same as imby.

It helps to be further east in these situations. Western NY torched to around 40 today and even though we hung around 32 all afternoon, all that mild air had to push east ahead of the occlusion - at least in the boundary layer. Maybe you guys are gonna be saved by the deepening coastal..just in the nick of time. I'll be waving goodbye to the steady precip. pretty soon.

ALB remains steady at 14" for the season.

about 75% snow at this point. Hopefully we can back fill some of this on its way out.

Archived