joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Feb 24-25 Secondary Cyclogenesis and Upslope Obs

dendrite

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like Socks should changeover in the next few minutes based on the dual pol in BOX..its gotten in extreme NW ORH county too.

Can really tell the slope of things too. You have melting going on out by 495 at 4000-4500 ft, while to the southeast of KBOX it is more like 6000 ft. A more oval shape to the melting layer ring results.

S to S+ here in Augusta Maine with 2" of new snow as of 9:15..I am seriously doubting the 3-6 here in the Augusta area via the NWS forecast...actually they only had us getting 2-4" from this event and Maine Mets and NECN had us getting around 3-6. some nice bands begining to move into the region per accuweather radar..and some nice echoes near Portland..seems the 540 line is crashing towards the Maine Coast,which was not progged to do as a mix of snow and rain with 1-2 " there...Its gonna be a long night here in Maine..Oh wait did I forget the powerful winds for Saturday and wrap around snow showers..

Got back home and there is a slushy coating on everything but still like a 60/40 mix favoring rain so I took another weenie ride up to the hill I went to earlier today and its ripping here about an inch otg and 100% snow. Its that last 500 feet of the atmosphere that's killing me down here. Nice to see it but sucks to have to go back down to the crappy rain snow mix.

Nice ....should be a good snow location there for you. You'll get more snow out of this than your old stomping grounds in Jaffrey. NZucker is in Rindge, NH now so we have someone near there again for when real winters return.

S to S+ here in Augusta Maine with 2" of new snow as of 9:15..I am seriously doubting the 3-6 here in the Augusta area via the NWS forecast...actually they only had us getting 2-4" from this event and Maine Mets and NECN had us getting around 3-6. some nice bands begining to move into the region per accuweather radar..and some nice echoes near Portland..seems the 540 line is crashing towards the Maine Coast,which was not progged to do as a mix of snow and rain with 1-2 " there...Its gonna be a long night here in Maine..Oh wait did I forget the powerful winds for Saturday and wrap around snow showers..

Archived