• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
NNE Feb 24-25 Secondary Cyclogenesis and Upslope Obs

dendrite

The 12z models really hammer NNE with snowfall this evening through tomorrow morning as we get some secondary cyclogenesis occuring near LI and into far SNE. There shoud be a zone of sleet where WAA from the mid-level lows tracking to our NW advects in some >0C wetbulbs in the H75-H8 layer toward SW ME and S NH before thicknesses crash SE. Vim Toot could see over 10" of snow up in Aroostookland.

The 12z GFS, Ukie, RGEM, and the high res NMM are marginally mostly to all snow for the Lakes Region of NH while the NAM and SREFs are more of a mixed bag. Maybe some higher elevation west of here could get a period of mixed ZR/IP while the Merrimack Valley is more of a R/IP mix before everyone ends as a period of SN. Looks like similar issues toward dryslot, but it looks close there. This could bust either way.

The Greens, Whites, and ME mtns should get bombed and the upslope machine should continue for awhile for the Greens and Whites.

It's up to 34.6F here, but the dew is only 24F so we should still wetbulb down to near 0C at the sfc once the heavy precip makes its way in here.

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GYX is surprisingly bullish in S NH where it seems likely they get little to nothing.

Yeah, there's a advisory for 4-6 in Rockingham county but zone says 2-4. The graphical forecast shows 3.6 for CON. Looks like we're gonna be in that lucky screw zone unless GYX is correct. They probably have the early release control run for the Euro already.

CON reporting -SN but nothing falling here. 35.4*

here's a question....since models don't seem to have a good handle on confluence even 24 hours inside regarding how it effects QPF/ and where meso features set up....(but start to get it around 8-12 hours out ..at least last nite) ....is there still much confluence effecting the evolution and track of this secondary cyclogenesis ) if at all.

i mean is there enough existing confluence to potentially push the WAA snows further south ...and in which case should we key in on the MESO Models again this PM and see where they shift to get insight? and i'm talking about how this may effect different areas in maine and Nh primarily (poss N orh hills)

here's a question....since models don't seem to have a good handle on confluence even 24 hours inside regarding how it effects QPF/ and where meso features set up....(but start to get it around 8-12 hours out ..at least last nite) ....is there still much confluence effecting the evolution and track of this secondary cyclogenesis ) if at all.

i mean is there enough existing confluence to potentially push the WAA snows further south ...and in which case should we key in on the MESO Models again this PM and see where they shift to get insight? and i'm talking about how this may effect different areas in maine and Nh primarily (poss N orh hills)

not trying to be a pest...just to learn ...anyone have info regarding this...out to lunch ,etc :)

i'm loggin off in like 10 mins and was wondering if confluence was a factor for CNE/NNE with the evolution of this secondary cyclogenesis ..esp considering how modeling doesn't seem to handle confluence accurately and meso's catch on eventually .

I just took a walk outside here on campus at UVM to grab some lunch, and the snow is certainly coming down out there. Flakes aren’t huge, probably topping out around 5 mm in diameter, but I’d say visibility is a mile or less as a quick guess (BTV was reporting 1.25 miles visibility as of 1:32 P.M.). Snow is accumulating on most non-paved surfaces.

dave you ever look at the weatherunderground euro maps.....go ahead take a peek

go to weatherunderground then click under maps and radar (go to models euro/ snowfall) etc

it's snow ...thus why box has you in 1-2 for this evening on there map

Oh, I have grown to love using wunderground for the Euro maps (esp the weenie snowfall feature)

I just am not going to believe it until I see it...lol

Seriously, I am thinking it might be a bit warm aloft. Not sure how to do/read a sounding, or where to even do it for.

I did look at the map more for the 3/1 threat, but noticed what it was showing here. Surface temps have been below freezing all day, but it has been drizzling. Maybe lift would help

Archived