Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 24th Observation Thread

dryslot

Just saw this thread, copied my observation post over from the NNE thread:

As of ~8:45 P.M. we’ve got frozen precipitation working in with the rain down here at roughly 500’. Temperature is 36.1 F, but I think the more intense precipitation is helping get the frozen stuff down lower in elevation.

22FEB12A.gif

My NOAA Mansfield snow summary... big time snowfall overnight above 2,000ft. 7.5" on the snow board this morning at 3K feet.

High Road Snow Plot

ID: HRDV1

Elevation: 3,014ft

Convention: NAD 83

LAT: N44*32.077'

LON: W072*48.515'

24 Hour Snow: 7.5"

Snow Depth: 46"

Weather: Light Snow

Barnes Camp Snow Plot

ID: BRNV1

Elevation: 1,549ft

LAT: N44*32.021

LON: W072*47.208

24 Hour Snow: 1.0"

Snow Depth: 17

Weather: Flurries

my alarm is set for 7...screw 5. I won't be home home til after the event, so I'll only see the aftermath there. Stuck at Storrs, not waking up for 2-3 inches at 5 am lol

If I was expecting 60's a couple days ago and looking at 2-3 inches during this winter I'd probably be up at five too. But at 5AM tomorrow mornig I'm not even sure if I'll be smoking cirrus. But good luck to those down south, hope it works out well and maybe areas further north and east get a shot of snow with the 2nd round.

The precip shield appears to my tired eyes to have started moving less west to east and more toward the northeast now. Gray has updated, still have a advisory but they've lowered snow amounts in my area from 2-4 down to up to an inch tomorrow, and up to an inch Friday night. I suppose it's really more fine tuning than it is lowering really. Actually upon further inspection, it does seem to be more of a lowering after looking at the counties surrounding me.

Archived