joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Feb 24-25 Secondary Cyclogenesis and Upslope Obs

dendrite

StormTotalSnowFcst.png

Our latest, for your viewing pleasure.

Thanks.

I'm not sure which looks more odd, that stripe of heavier snows from just north of LEW toward Pittsfield, or the lesser amounts to its NW (and I'm centered in that lesser stripe.) Should be well more than enough to keep Farmington from recording its least snowy Feb in 120 yr. (Current: 1.1" in 2006, and I think they've had even less than my 0.6".)

CAR's afternoon discussion is the most enthusiastic I've read all year, by far. Looks like VimTootLand might be in for 12-18".

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's pouring sleet now...and it's definitely sleet...not hail. SnowBow...maybe it's graupel?

Well there was a five minute lull and right when I posted it was larger, kind of white but transitioned to more sleety looking. Can't really be sure whether its sleet, graupel, or hail without someone with more knowledge of the difference between the three saw it.

As pathetic as it sounds at least its better than plain rain.

The 18z NAM 3hr sounding (valid right now) has a 2300ft layer of >0C temps aloft maxing out a little over +1C so considering it's snowing hopefully that bodes well for later.

It was actually mixing with snow for a bit here , and im right on the river at work too. I bet back at my house ( exit 1 on route 101 elevation 500') it was snowing pretty good.

Maybe that bodes well? Idk.. we'll have to wait and see. It's encouraging, cause whatever comes in for precip will be heavy in nature.

35/32

Ginx are u joking about skiing on sleet?

this system looks juiced up on HGH/and Testosterone

not sure what is about to hit killngton but for there sake i hope it's sierra cement

look at this system! look at that precip heading from NE mass up thru SE NH SW maine

look at that severe stuff in mid atlantic...heck look at the cell approaching pittsfield ma

richmond VA was 80! today

30.9F light snow and sleet dp 28F after light drizzle this PM light sleet started half an hour ago and has precip keeps has been going back and forth to snow. Temp dropped from 31.9F to 30.9F in heavier precip

(edit, just read the preceding post. I was just in Plymouth and it was light rain. This heavier precip just moved in so Plymouth should go over to frozen soon)

WOWowow

woke up this morning and saw the delay in snow, and took off for ottawa around 8am for the weekend. there was ZERO snow on the ground all the way from where i am in vermont straight past montreal.

got into ottawa around 11am and the snow was just starting....very mild around 32F, thought this is going to be nothing.

around an hour ago headed out to costco for a minute, saw a band organzinign on radar before i left.....just drove back....insane snow rates out there, must be 3-4+ inches /hr, don't think i've ever seen it snow this hard in ottawa except in 93 and 07 march storms.

total and complete whiteout, just dumping..couldnt see more than 25 feet driving all the way back, felt like I was in a lake effect zone.

was not expecting this with the lack of cold air around....just shocked!

i have NEVER seen all my north facing windows here at my parents home snowed over completely....i cant see anything.

here is a downtown traffic cam, just wanted to share :)

post-149-0-39207000-1330114432.jpg

in Montreal...WOW is right....just went frm steady moderate to heavy here...def under 1/4 vis and its pretty breezy. Does this primary develop a connection to the coastal?

Ginx are u joking about skiing on sleet?

this system looks juiced up on HGH/and Testosterone

not sure what is about to hit killngton but for there sake i hope it's sierra cement

look at this system!  look at that precip heading from NE mass up thru SE NH SW maine

look at that severe stuff in mid atlantic...heck look at the cell approaching pittsfield ma

richmond VA was 80! today

no

At about 900-1000 feet in Dunbarton still just 95% sleet, Had to go to the store and figured id take the scenic route, which is also the opposite direction of the store but I wanted to know what was going on above. Id insert a weenie in this post but not sure how from phone

VIM TOOT!!!! Smoked

StormTotalSnowWebSmall.png

I'm liking the trend here. Last night I was squarely in the 1-2" band, now getting closer to the 8-10 graphic. Such a tight gradient though. 1" or 10" wouldn't surprise me tomorrow morning. Supposed to head to Crystal lake to fish a derby tomorrow. Might have to rethink that 1AM drive.

At about 900-1000 feet in Dunbarton still just 95% sleet, Had to go to the store and figured id take the scenic route, which is also the opposite direction of the store but I wanted to know what was going on above. Id insert a weenie in this post but not sure how from phone

Here, Let me help you with that............... :weenie:

Archived