• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Feb 24-25 Secondary Cyclogenesis and Upslope Obs

dendrite

Where do you get your soundings from? I actually think it just clicked for me on how to finally understand them enough to get an idea of what they're showing. Up until I saw it was the 12z run of the gfs and have no way to look at 18z.

Twister has point and click

http://www.twisterdata.com/index.php?sounding.lat=43.3252&sounding.lon=-71.5869&sndclick=y&prog=forecast&model=GFS&grid=3&model_yyyy=2012&model_mm=02&model_dd=24&model_init_hh=18&fhour=09&parameter=TMPF&level=2&unit=M_ABOVE_GROUND&maximize=n&mode=singlemap&sounding=y&output=image&view=large&archive=false

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

good question zuck

i'lll be about 20 miles NNE of you tonite in francestown.....every mile north will help with mid level temps

but keep posting your obs zuck ..i may hound you on fb for a few obs around 9pm bc i'm leavin boston for francestown around 8pm

Maybe I missed it, but what town are you in right now? Sounds like the Contoocook area...

Very heavy snow moving into VT from NY.... Its starting to back-build and change trajectory a bit in the echos, so hopefully the coastal is starting to pump some juice into this

Starting to come down heavier here too. Over half an inch new since I got home around 5:00. Feels like a real storm for once this winter.

Snowbows on the edge just north of CON, what do you think Scooter for him

He'll probably flip to snow. Maybe a few inches? I could see that 3-6, but it;s going to depend if that mega lift develops like the GFS has. If it does, then 4-6, but otherwise maybe 2-4". Someone will probably get a surprise with that.

He'll probably flip to snow. Maybe a few inches? I could see that 3-6, but it;s going to depend if that mega lift develops like the GFS has. If it does, then 4-6, but otherwise maybe 2-4". Someone will probably get a surprise with that.

Thanks Scott, we were pming and looking at soundings, man this is pretty quick dynamics underway, cool stuff.

Snowbows on the edge just north of CON, what do you think Scooter for him

I was worried about getting shut out completely but the 18z GFS gave me some hope. 2-4 I can totally deal with. Thanks again

Thanks Scott, we were pming and looking at soundings, man this is pretty quick dynamics underway, cool stuff.

Yeah the dynamics are going to be off the chart. You just have to hope it consolidates quick enough because one town 20 miles away may have an inch or two, while 20 miles to the northeast, there is several inches.

Yeah the dynamics are going to be off the chart. You just have to hope it consolidates quick enough because one town 20 miles away may have an inch or two, while 20 miles to the northeast, there is several inches.

Archived