joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Feb 24-25 Secondary Cyclogenesis and Upslope Obs

dendrite

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I think it's time to buy the warmer aloft guidance. Hopefully it can still end as a dynamic couple inches of S+ here. You should be fine soon though.

You may be IP for a while, those cells near Albany have to come by too, but the air aloft is cooling off. You and bow are likely on the line with this. Could be like 2-3" vs 6" in a matter of 20 miles or so.

You may be IP for a while, those cells near Albany have to come by too, but the air aloft is cooling off. You and bow are likely on the line with this. Could be like 2-3" vs 6" in a matter of 20 miles or so.

Yeah it's going to be one of those deals for a couple of hours. The heavier echoes will probably flip me to bursts of S/IP and then the lulls to some light R/L/IP.

540 decameters to 522 decameters in 6 hrs is pretty darn good. For those who might not know what it means, it means height falls are very impressive with a combo of strong vorticity advection and colder air aloft combining with good lift to cause those heights to fall that quickly at 500mb.

Whip out the QG height tendency equation and throw around some Laplachians.

30.5F moderate snow. After sleet/snow/sleet/snow seems that 100% snow has taken over. Very large dendrites. Only 1/4" so far as sleet kept compacting. Now I should build snow depth quickly.

Probably have a nice webcam shot tomorrow at your place. White birches bent over pretty well I bet. Still wasting qpf here for the most part but the grass has enough sleet to be white and the pavement enough to feel when walking on it so if/when it switches over to snow it should accumulate pretty quick. Especially with the precip rates

Holy crap... this must be 2-3"/hr stuff. This is nuts.

There is a noticeable amount of more snow out there than there was 15-20 minutes ago.

I laughed when I read this because it's such an ambiguous subjective observation, but I know exactly what you mean! That point when it's coming down so fast that you can see the difference in a short period of time; it's cool to see

Check out the exploding band in E PA. Definitely associated with the cyclogenesis near Delmarva now

Definitely the most impressive storm of the year since the Halloweenie bomb. The moisture streaming in and causing the radar to blossom over MA and heading north is quite impressive. If only we had an -NAO like last year to push this couple hundred miles south :fulltilt: But I'm happy to see that the ski resorts should really cash in.

Archived