joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Feb 24-25 Secondary Cyclogenesis and Upslope Obs

dendrite

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol yeah I figured. What are you up to there? Last I heard from my friends it was around 3"

I can't post photos from the phone on this board for some reason but did put them on the other thing. It's more than 3", will measure when it finishes. It's nice will make my ski day a good one Saturday.

A week ago it was 60 and rain forecast. In the end it was a nice snow thump in ski country.

Just pushed out a 03 SmartCast forecast for the Maine area. Showing high threat of significant accumulations of snow across the Caribou and Houlton areas, with snowfall of over 12-17" across these areas through 14Z. Heaviest snowfall will be form 07Z to 11Z, with rates of up to 2" per hour possible. Other areas around Bangor and Augusta looking at 9-10" through the next 12 hours. Full update viewable http://smartwxmodel.net

Man I'd kill for a 3 hr paste bomb with little wind. That kind of snow that sticks to everything without getting blown around. This winter is abysmal.

I know how you feel. I had a 1 week period of that true "winter" feeling in my heart. I've grown to appreciate what I am given and don't get down on these times. There is always the next big one on the horizon to look forward to.

Archived