joxey
NNE Feb 24-25 Secondary Cyclogenesis and Upslope Obs

dendrite

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like 2:30pm or so.

It just will not quit!

Even down in town this is an absolute snow bomb... these are shots from the village:

Those were from 2:30pm or so... its still snowing like an inch per hour down here at home.

Point and click and snow map had 2-4 in Stowe for today.Bet they never thought that was for one hour

looks freaky in N. greens ......wow is all i can say....kinda piss'd i didn't use my stowe xmas lodging package gift this weekend. actually really piss'd. anyway

went to francestown,nh last nite....was ripping there at 920pm or so.....think they got 1-2 inches ...maybe a tad more? of heavy wet snow....and sleet earlier..(rain before that).....was on chair lift at 1:30 AM about to get another run in ...and BAMMM Power out on the mtn....in the whole damn town.....skied down 20 min. later by light of flare's behind snowmobile w/ 30 other people....some were prolly mid run when the light's went out. there mailing me a check...heading up to N.conway/Attitash tomm .

looks freaky in N. greens ......wow is all i can say....kinda piss'd i didn't use my stowe xmas lodging package gift this weekend. actually really piss'd.  anyway

went to francestown,nh last nite....was ripping there at 920pm or so.....think they got 1-2 inches ...maybe a tad more? of heavy wet snow....and sleet earlier..(rain before that).....was on chair lift at 1:30 AM about to get another run in ...and BAMMM Power out on the mtn....in the whole damn town.....skied down 20 min. later by light of flare's behind snowmobile w/ 30 other people....some were prolly mid run when the light's went out. there mailing me a check...heading up to N.conway/Attitash tomm .

Nice, how did you get off the lift? Attitash is fun wish they had faster lifts, ever ski Wildcat? just go straight up 16 from N Conway

Mahk Webster, have a safe trip, holy 89 in Bolton

Lol....thanks Steve. Not driving till Sunday afternoon. Still snowing up here....has been light to mod all day long....really really nice. Maybe it was that piece of vorticity you talked about? Almost seems like lake effect....could there be some connection to a body of water nw of here? Here is a pic from the peak of it yesterday afternoon.

post-263-0-09050400-1330204928.jpg

Nice, how did you get off the lift? Attitash is fun wish they had faster lifts, ever ski Wildcat? just go straight up 16 from N Conway

back up diesel generator got lifts spinning amid dark of night. they said conditions were getting to sketchy with winds gustin pretty high by 130 last nite at 2k summit.

usually open to 3am fri-sat nite's ("midnite madness")

the roads were crap last nite once we got about 10 miles west of manchester,nh. once you get off 101 and onto new boston road or something.....there is a part on the road where you go up like a 300' hill and after we got up that it was slippery drivin.

there were flakes flying to 2am there so just seeing everything caked in snow and flakes in the air made the drive worth it to me.

upslope machine is awesome to watch unfold ....nice to see the berks even get 2-4"

back up diesel generator got lifts spinning amid dark of night. they said conditions were getting to sketchy with winds gustin pretty high by 130 last nite at 2k summit.

usually open to 3am fri-sat nite's ("midnite madness")

the roads were crap last nite once we got about 10 miles west of manchester,nh.  once you get off 101 and onto new boston road or something.....there is a part on the road where you go up like a 300' hill and after we got up that it was slippery drivin.

there were flakes flying to 2am there so just seeing everything caked in snow and flakes in the air made the drive worth it to me.

upslope machine is awesome to watch unfold ....nice to see the berks even get 2-4"

Definitively going to Beast Monday, got freed up this afternoon. I am very tempted to just say f it and go to Stowe, would be a very very long day but......

Welcome to the upslope region... snowy New England.

Some more photos from town.

It just picked up again in town... ripping cotton candy. This is certainly one of the most memorable upslope snow events I've seen here. Note to self: Bombing low pressure systems in northern ME or the Maritimes with deep closed upper level lows providing synoptic cyclonic moisture feed... look out.

Archived