• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Official Winter 2011-12 Futility Record Thread

Damage In Tolland

I'm not into watching short guys giggle after having two beers. Thanks anyway. Now, get back to trying to collect donations from other board members.

And by the way, I probably donate more to charity than you make in a year.

You are coming across as quite the jerk actually. If you don't want to go to a gtg, just say it vs diparaging those who attend. We're all friends, spanning age groups, stations in life, and ethnicities/race. You're free to not join but making fun of it makes. You look small minded,

Cold and dry today.

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Figured as much. The socially inept tend to to shy away from public situations.

How come you didn't donate to this board? Do you think you are better than us?

This board isn't charity and, come to think of it, I'm only better than you. The others here provide rational thoughts and some real humor. When you can't leghump a model with snow, you whine and give up like a five year old. It's really quite pathetic.

You massage your snow piles and pray for ice storms, yet you think I'm socially inept.

Where's the atomic vomit guy when I need him?

You are coming across as quite the jerk actually. If you don't want to go to a gtg, just say it vs diparaging those who attend. We're all friends, spanning age groups, stations in life, and ethnicities/race. You're free to not join but making fun of it makes. You look small minded,

Cold and dry today.

I'll stop. But I was only talking about Kevin. But his shameless bashing of posters who don't DONATE to this board is unseemly.

My apologies to those who were offended.

The great irony to me is his OCD and hyper focus on things make him come off as Rain Man.

I'm not into watching short guys giggle after having two beers.  Thanks anyway.  Now, get back to trying to collect donations from other board members.

And by the way, I probably donate more to charity than you make in a year.

This board isn't charity and, come to think of it, I'm only better than you.  The others here provide rational thoughts and some real humor.  When you can't leghump a model with snow, you whine and give up like a five year old.  It's really quite pathetic.

You massage your snow piles and pray for ice storms, yet you think I'm socially inept.

I'll stop.  But I was only talking about Kevin.  But his shameless bashing of posters who don't DONATE to this board is unseemly.

LOL...I think we all see what this person in SE CT thinks of us. Thankfully he's not an integral part of this board.

LOL will it ever snow again. I swear the last epic Kev showdown with a SNE poster was in 06/07 with Stephen in CT. Happy New Year clowns

This board isn't charity and, come to think of it, I'm only better than you. The others here provide rational thoughts and some real humor. When you can't leghump a model with snow, you whine and give up like a five year old. It's really quite pathetic.

The staff decided to amputate Vim Toot's cyber fingers, at least that is what I've been told.

I'll stop. But I was only talking about Kevin. But his shameless bashing of posters who don't DONATE to this board is unseemly.

As a target of Blizz's strong arm tactics it is easy for me to see where you are coming from. However, having met Kevin in person several times I understand he does not mean any harm. I actually think it's funny. He is right I should donate and likely will. I find this forum to be a very noble endeavor.

Most of you guys already had a huge storm in October. There is no reason at all for you to be complaining unless you just can't handle a few months without endless blizzards. The last few winters have really warped some folks views...

:lol: warped or not warped, we're near record setting snowless December.

Same here in all our main areas such as the Tug Hill, western Dacks etc...

I mainly snow shoe and x country ski. I'll give it another week or two, and then may go up and do a couple days in the Laurentians ...getting stir crazy sitting here looking at brown ground.

I've noticed you mention the Laurentians on occasion. Where do you go around there? I've spent a lot of time snowmobiling in and around Saint-Zenon. Always awesome up there during winter. One Sunday we had stopped for dinner on the trail and by the time the Patriots game we were watching was over there was 15 inches of the fluffiest powder I've ever seen on the sleds. Slow going on the way back to the hotel.

Not quite as shameful as spending hours of each day on a site and gaining all of your wx knowledge from that site, ,making a million dollars a year building houses, having long hair as a male, and then not donating to the board.

Now THAT is shameful

those days are long gone

he better hope his overhead isn't based on the assumption the good times would never end

I'll probably donate something. Cash a little tight after I dropped 3k on my Europe trip. LOL

But I'm not big into trying to shame people to donate via peer pressure ....i.e naming publicly if you are a "Donator" or not... I tend to have the reverse reaction to such things...I'm just weird that way. Isn't it really "Donor"?

Having a Maryland winter up here Mitch. Brown ground on 12/29.... I hope we all can get some snow before it's over.

those days are long gone

he better hope his overhead aren't based on the assumption the good times would never end

I'll probably donate something. Cash a little tight after dropped 3k on my Europe trip. LOL

But I'm not big into trying to shame people to donate via peer pressure ....i.e naming publicly if you are a "Donator" or not... I tend to have the reverse reaction to such things...I'm just weird that way. Isn't it really "Donor"?

Having a Maryland winter up here Mitch. Brown ground on 12/29.... I hope we all can get some snow before it's over.

my heart goes out to you Rick

we're used to it, though 09/10 fooked us up in the head

at least last year was a so-so lousy winter after 09/10

you guys have had an undeserving, rude cold turkey

maybe it's just an effort by the Almighty to get us all to unite....

OK, I tried

p.s. I'm in Ocean City, MD right now; cold as hell on the boardwalk tonight

Well out of all those huge storms in that 09-11 time frame I only got hit well by one of them... the late February 2010 storm that admittedly dropped 46 inches so not too bad. LOL

SNE on the other hand has had so many KU type events ...they should have expected to pay for it a bit ..all things being equal.

I pass through DC in the Feb. 20-27 time frame ....I'll root for a good Noreaster around then. :)

my heart goes out to you Rick

we're used to it, though 09/10 fooked us up in the head

at least last year was a so-so lousy winter after 09/10

you guys have had an undeserving, rude cold turkey

maybe it's just an effort by the Almighty to get us all to unite....

OK, I tried

Well out of all those huge storms in that 09-11 time frame I only got hit well by one of them... the late February 2010 storm that admittedly dropped 46 inches so not too bad. LOL

SNE on the other hand has had so many KU type events ...they should have expected to pay for it a bit ..all things being equal.

I pass through DC in the Feb. 20-27 time frame ....I'll root for a good Noreaster around then. :)

46" :lmao:

I think BWI officially had .4" with that storm

incredible how a few hours in the car is like a different world

ot, I still think this winter takes a turn for the much better......we'll see

Not quite as shameful as spending hours of each day on a site and gaining all of your wx knowledge from that site, ,making a million dollars a year building houses, having long hair as a male, and then not donating to the board.

Now THAT is shameful

No offense Kevin but as a male with long hair I feel this comment kind of paints you as ignorant and discriminating.

Patience, I believe that February will turn out much better and could bring several snowstorms. I'll mention one conventional factor that is beyond what went into my research-based forecast earlier, and that is the reasonably early freeze-up of Hudson Bay and persistent low heights in Quebec and Labrador. This is definitely a second-half-of-winter signal for strong high pressure up that way, which is often good for your snow chances. Anything past Jan 20th may see the balance tilting your way.

Anyway, happy New Year and good luck to the Pats or whoever you're cheering for.

What do you normally build? Big customs or do you work for a company just building "regular houses"?

I know we troll each other a lot so not trying to be hostile, I'm genuinely wondering because I always hear the housing market is down but know of some success stories out there.

Co-owner of the company. 15 employees. Big houses for the rich and famous. 4 major projects currently under construction, more starting in the spring. Things are good, knock on wood.

Patience, I believe that February will turn out much better and could bring several snowstorms. I'll mention one conventional factor that is beyond what went into my research-based forecast earlier, and that is the reasonably early freeze-up of Hudson Bay and persistent low heights in Quebec and Labrador. This is definitely a second-half-of-winter signal for strong high pressure up that way, which is often good for your snow chances. Anything past Jan 20th may see the balance tilting your way.

Anyway, happy New Year and good luck to the Pats or whoever you're cheering for.

Agree 100%.

I donated. Sometimes my hair is kind of long, sometimes I have a buzz cut. In fact, I would have had really long hair when I was younger, but it just gets too curly, so I had to settle for a mullet.

I sometimes agree with conservative politics, and sometimes with liberal politics.

I don't post much, and I just gave more than ample proof as to why I shouldn't.

Please uulr, make this stop. My snowblower, which survived last winter only barely and only because of belt dressing is getting a new auger belt soon. (side note, I would have done it myself, but it's a real pain, and I don;t want to kill a really expensive machine with my mechanical abilities) I will clear every driveway possible if we get just one good storm.

I busted my but in July to get about 5 cords of wood split and stacked. One great feature of wood stoves is that you can dry wet bots, gloves, coats, etc... So far, this has not been an issue, but I have been able to sit around in a t-shirt and sweat while the stove pumps out heat in this extended autumn.

My only wish is that we can have a real storm that I can watch people argue about, and I can post a storm total.

I'm so looking forward to February, but without wishing days away.

Archived