• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Official Winter 2011-12 Futility Record Thread

Damage In Tolland

As painful as this is for me to do...it is very much a reality we may be facing this winter.

It appears after a near snowless December we now face the very real possibility of a carbon copy in January. Nothing long range suggests any real change to the hell we have just been thru since Halloween.

So our hopes rest on the month of Februrary.

Unlike others, I would never root for a futility record. I would never want to live thru the least snowiest winter on record, but it's something I'm trying to deal with this year should that elephant man "look away I'm hideous" type of record happen to occur.

Discuss your thoughts on the "Year without snow "here

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As painful as this is for me to do...it is very much a reality we may be facing this winter.

It appears after a near snowless December we now face the very real possibility of a carbon copy in January. Nothing long range suggests any real change to the hell we have just been thru since Halloween.

Unlike others, I would never root for a futility record. I would never want to live thru the least snowiest winter on record, but it's something I'm trying to deal with this year should that elephant man "look away I'm hideous" type of record happen to occur.

:weenie: :weenie: :weenie:

Please move this to the meltdown thread, Thanks, Grandpa Bob

Give us some scientific knowledge as to why it's going to turn snowy this winter. nothing..absolutley nothing points to it. the ensembles went the wrong way again last nite

It's all relative....the 2nd half will be better along the cp, than the first half....that I promise.

Will this be a snowy winter, as in above avg.....not imho.

The EC ensembles definitely continue to try and change the PAC in the long range. That is probably our ticket out of this wretched pattern.

No, its been in the 12-15 day time range...we're hoping it moves into the D10 time range by New Years. The big changes really happen at about 300h which is Jan 10th. Its possible and maybe even likely that the ensembles are rushing this change as is often the case when we are trying to break out of a long term pattern....but its something I think will end up happening...maybe just not quite as fast as they say.

This is the first time that I feel as though the change is for real.....Jan 15-20 is the time range I have been touting since the start of Dec.

Again, it's all relative.....don't expect a Jan 2011 like couple of weeks, but it should herald a regime in which significant sne snow is once again plausible.

All I'm saying.

This thread is shameful. It is destined to utterly fail. Thank you.

Not quite as shameful as spending hours of each day on a site and gaining all of your wx knowledge from that site, ,making a million dollars a year building houses, having long hair as a male, and then not donating to the board.

Now THAT is shameful

Its hard to be positive after one if not the warmest falls ever, and the statement from BOX that Ginx posted says it all for Dec, from border to border north south east and west this has been as BAD as it can possibly get for all of sne, from the goldilocks of Gods Country to the tropics of the south coast.

Anything disputing that is absolute banter, which is all we have had up to this point.

Its hard to be positive after one if not the warmest falls ever, and the statement from BOX that Ginx posted says it all for Dec, from border to border north south east and west this has been as BAD as it can possibly get for all of sne, from the goldilocks of Gods Country to the tropics of the south coast.

Anything disputing that is absolute banter, which is all we have had up to this point.

I see you attempted to make some snow last night. Nice. I'm not that big of a weenie.

I remember we had some people make the same kind of banter during the '06-'07 winter. Predicting no snow for the rest of the winter when it was apparent a regime change was happening for the 2nd half. There's a reason why the records are what they are...its because it will snow at some point...even in crappy patterns it will.

Archived