• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Southeast Mid/Long Range Discussion III

Rankin5150

It's the strangest thing.One day good maps cold coming maybe storm next it like where did this map come from zonal fow and no storm .Maybe it's me but I can't ever remember seeing maps all over the place from day to day like this year.Maybe thier too many choices to look at and they confuse everyone .

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am stumped as to why ya'll don't seem real pleased that those of your brethern and sisteren who have been rain deprived are at the doorstep of salvation. Is snowlust so all consuming that the imminent relief from the "dry death" of us less fortunate ones is ignored? Cold will come. It's winter! Rain, on the other hand, is fleeting and precious, at least to those of us so deprived. Shed your snow angst, and rejoice that some of your less fortunate are about to be saved....at least in the very near term :) This is one model depiction you can be sure of..as I am even now amongst the rain drops, lol. And with luck it will make it to Michelle!! Rejoice...and perhaps a group hug is in order :) T

Once again, my Zombie mojo is working. That drooling horror seems powerful!!

:hug: Goofy continues with about .25 for me tomorrow, and I sure hope it verifies. It also continues with some pretty good amounts for next week, so I'm keeping the faith that I will see some much needed relief soon :hug:

12Z GFS... WOW!!!

I will cross my fingers and toes for this to continue to be shown in future runs :wub:

18z GFS -- huge SE ridge develops late in the run -- cold air pinned up by Canadian border ... West Central trough develops (but not much of one).

Just awful.

But, the Day 10 Euro looks great! (vying to become my new sig line)

Did I see a tropical low on the 18z GFS at hours 360 approaching NC? Traveling, so not sure.

Did I see a tropical low on the 18z GFS at hours 360 approaching NC? Traveling, so not sure.

It sure does look to present itself as a tropical depression with 1004mb LLC. That is too funny.

Hay if we can't get snow, let's hope for a hurricane:

lolz just checked the 18z and came here as fast as I could to comment on that. Just crazy insane but given this winter who knows? lol imagine that thing coming with freezing temps, it would be like the plot to The Day After Tomorrow. We would get tornado snow!

lolz just checked the 18z and came here as fast as I could to comment on that. Just crazy insane but given this winter who knows? lol imagine that thing coming with freezing temps, it would be like the plot to The Day After Tomorrow. We would get tornado snow!

Finally - a true Florida winter.

In all seriousness - got to be a hardware problem coupled with some software corruption ....

It's down to 997 mb and just SE of Hatteras in the last frame, 384.

I'd like to know if ANY mets have seen a hurricane progged on the GFS, long range or not, in January? It's a strange sight, that's for sure....

I'd like to know if ANY mets have seen a hurricane progged on the GFS, long range or not, in January? It's a strange sight, that's for sure....

This winter has been so screwed up. The GFS showing a system that moves northwest from off the southeast coast, just goes to show you how clueless the models are right now. Everyone take a deap breath and try to hang on through this period of change.Things will settle down and the models will become more reliable as soon as this new pattern sets up. I am not saying we will all like it but at least we will be able to see where we are going. Right now we are flying blind.

Robert seems to be the only true voice of reason right now. Listen to him.

My best judgement tells me we have already had our coldest period of our winter: the brief cold blase January 2 - 3.

The next 2 weeks are very questionable and then we will be closing in on Mid-February very quickly.

October can't come soon enough!

Another torrid summer has to be endured first.

But will it really matter? This is 2012....this might be our last shot! :o

On another note, they are playing Trans-Siberian Orchestra for the music in Local on the 8s. That was pretty awesome.

It is not a hurricane, likely a sub-tropical storm transitioning to extra-tropical verbatim. Odds are it is gone on the next run, sub-tropical storms are rare in the heart of winter, but not unheard of.

Sent from my iPad2

is winter over just seen the GFS :cry:

Depends on what you're looking for out of winter. Myself, I'm looking for one good snowstorm. We can average +3.5 for DJF, I don't care. All it takes is a nice cold snap w/ some moisture and I have my snowstorm. I live in NC, not Boston. So in my book winter is not over. I've seen good snowstorms here in February and March. One of my favorite storms was March, 1980 so I still have a ways to go this winter... :thumbsup:

Depends on what you're looking for out of winter. Myself, I'm looking for one good snowstorm. We can average +3.5 for DJF, I don't care. All it takes is a nice cold snap w/ some moisture and I have my snowstorm. I live in NC, not Boston. So in my book winter is not over. I've seen good snowstorms here in February and March. One of my favorite storms was March, 1980 so I still have a ways to go this winter... :thumbsup:

You are exactly right. We are still in the game until April1, even though most of the time by march we are into spring. Look back on March 1, 2009 so we are far from being out of the potential of a winter storm. My Pastor said it best Sunday at Church, if you don't like the weather around here give it a day or wo and it will change. I have seen it almost 60 one day and plowing snow the next

It should be noted that the 00z NAM looks nothing like the 18z NAM at 500mb...not to say it had a solution we would like but that changes are still a foot. Might have to wait until Thursday after this storm rolls out to really see what is actually going to happen.

I said this past weekend I couldn't wait until Friday arrived and this storm was at 50 degrees north. This will IMO help really get the upcoming change into high gear by assisting in re-shuffeling the deck up north (way up north). I still like where things are heading. Don't sweat the models from run to run and remember that true artic air is sneaky and shallow. With such a big pool with in a stones throw(espeacilly NC(CAD)), the source is their to tap into. When we do have a threat within 72 hours models will have a hard time discerning this. I think they still are today in the med-LR, that massive cold pool that sits in Canada will press down alot harder than they, esp GFS are seeing. .

I said this past weekend I couldn't wait until Friday arrived and this storm was at 50 degrees north. This will IMO help really get the upcoming change into high gear by assisting in re-shuffeling the deck up north (way up north). I still like where things are heading. Don't sweat the models from run to run and remember that true artic air is sneaky and shallow. With such a big pool with in a stones throw(espeacilly NC(CAD)), the source is their to tap into. When we do have a threat within 72 hours models will have a hard time discerning this. I think they still are today in the med-LR, that massive cold pool that sits in Canada will press down alot harder than they, esp GFS are seeing. .

I agree 100% I doubt models have a grasp on just how cold that air is, and like you said it is sneaky and seeps south ever chance it gets. I think we will have a good overunning snow/ice threat within the next two weeks jmo....

Archived