Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Southeast Mid/Long Range Discussion III

Rankin5150

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the GFS is right, might get lucky and see my first flury of the season Friday. Probably less than 20% chance. Anyway nice upslope for the mtns could be on the way this Friday.

Ya i have been watching that. It's funny local news has nothing about it and the NWS is not saying much, but it seems they always jump on the NW flow snows really late. Last time they put out an advisory the ground and roads were already white. Lol

Correct, maybe some on the front end but the high slides off of coast and it's mostly a rain event.

Out to 180, the cold looks to be coming back in 850's with more overruning possibley getting ready to set up. Out 7-8 days off, but This fits the bill with how we are gonna most likely get our winter weather east of the apps . Sneaky shallow cold air mass wedging in/out and light overruning events

Out to 180, the cold looks to be coming back in 850's with more overruning possibley getting ready to set up. Out 7-8 days off, but This fits the bill with how we are gonna most likely get our winter weather east of the apps . Sneaky shallow cold air mass wedging in/out and light overruning events

Yeah, the moisture really never makes it into NC until after the gfs truncates at 204. After that the gfs really warms us up for the rest of the run. Of couse it keeps us very active as far as wet weather but no cold. Who knows though considering how much the gfs has been bouncing around.

GFS still wants to keep VODKA cold right up at the us/border alot past truncation. It's amazing looking at the tight pressure gradient, But those HP's sliding across the lakes/NE will be taping very cold/dry air. I'm no Robert, but I'd put my money on seeing a few (what use to be common) Cad evnets over the next several weeks featuring alot of overruning events. I'll take whatever frozen I can get, prefearbly snow. However this really is gonna strongly have the flavor of the mix/zr type stuff IMO.

GFS still wants to keep VODKA cold right up at the us/border alot past truncation. It's amazing looking at the tight pressure gradient, But those HP's sliding across the lakes/NE will be taping very cold/dry air. I'm no Robert, but I'd put my money on seeing a few (what use to be common) Cad evnets over the next several weeks featuring alot of overruning events. I'll take whatever frozen I can get, prefearbly snow. However this really is gonna strongly have the flavor of the mix/zr type stuff IMO.

I have said all winter I think we in for an ice storm. We are due for one as it has been several years since we have had one

Can we say back door cold front with overunning ICE STORM??? Like I said few posts back I agree with you that's what this pattern favors if we gonna have any winter weather, I like very cold/dry air to my north ready to be tap!!! :thumbsup:

I agree 100% I doubt models have a grasp on just how cold that air is, and like you said it is sneaky and seeps south ever chance it gets. I think we will have a good overunning snow/ice threat within the next two weeks jmo....

Me too. Any winter where I've already seen a 19, and a couple of low 20's is not a warm winter to me...just waiting on some timing :) T

From about hour 200 through the rest of the run looks zonal, but not reading into it a lot because the models have been switching so much. Also there looks like a lot of cold air right around the boarder but never really makes it down.Also looking at the NAO it seems to want to go negative at the end of two weeks but who noes, AO is going complete opposite it was in Dec, tanking,the PNA is going neg in short term but by two weeks looks to be going positive but that long range and things change.

Archived