joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Southeast Mid/Long Range Discussion III

Rankin5150

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Odd on SV it has the 850 line way down south into southern AL...but on Instantweathermaps it has it way up north. Hmmm..

Instantweather has been like that for quite some time. The surface temp and 850 temp maps that include rainfall are messed up. If you click on the 850mp temp/pres/wind map it will show the accurate readings at 850mb.

Savor it now...bullseye!

Maybe this will be enough to bring some folks back from the cliff. After all the flipping and flopping the models have put us through, wouldn't it be funny if this fantasy storm were to actually verify. Ah what am I saying......it will be gone with the next run. At least this run of the GFS does have a somewhat colder look than what we have been seeing lately but I am not going to get any hopes up until the EURO is showing some cold.

Very odd, the MAG site has the snowstorm and I see what you mean about Instant Weather maps. I believe SV and the MAG site.

Yep, two out of three! So, now if the 0z has it....well, something is up, or it's broke :)

I figure I've got one, maybe two chances before the end of Feb. Most likely zrain/sleet, because temps might be marginal If the real cold does set up after mid Feb there'll be chances or two for most of march from timing, and cad and gulf activity, then the end of March/early April a chance at a cold cut off. We've had two in 4 years down here, so why not? While last two years were great for all of you, they sort of stunk for me sledding, with the pitiful amounts that fell after dry slotting, melting quickly, and, actually the 8 or so inches I got from the two late season ULL's melted right away too....mostly as it was falling. So, I'm ready to say, I'd prefer zrain to melty snow this year, because I'd at least get to sled on it, lol.. because by definition the surfaces would be freezing, unlike during the ULL's. Don't let Larry know I said that :) I think he is content, and won't be checking the board too much to catch me, lol.

One moderate/weak gulf storm and some iffy cold and a chance at timing, is all I want at this point. And I think that is most likely to be my best shot from what the models show of hit and run/ shallow cold. If some real cold comes, I get my shot at a sleet/snow storm, say from around Valentines on. Sure, I may be crazy, probably am.... but I never give up...ever :) And as long as the rain keeps showing up there are possibilities each time. T

It's a thing of beauty. Im gonna stare at it until 11:30, maybe midnight... Then Ill view the torch that 00z will bring :axe:

I'm going to claim it right now as a done deal for the Piedmont. When this verifies, we will henceforth refer to it as the February Miracle.

:snowing:

And if it doesn't happen, I'm prepared to put a stake into the heart of Winter 2011-2012.

Yep, two out of three! So, now if the 0z has it....well, something is up, or it's broke :)

I figure I've got one, maybe two chances before the end of Feb. Most likely zrain/sleet, because temps might be marginal If the real cold does set up after mid Feb there'll be chances or two for most of march from timing, and cad and gulf activity, then the end of March/early April a chance at a cold cut off. We've had two in 4 years down here, so why not? While last two years were great for all of you, they sort of stunk for me sledding, with the pitiful amounts that fell after dry slotting, melting quickly, and, actually the 8 or so inches I got from the two late season ULL's melted right away too....mostly as it was falling. So, I'm ready to say, I'd prefer zrain to melty snow this year, because I'd at least get to sled on it, lol.. because by definition the surfaces would be freezing, unlike during the ULL's. Don't let Larry know I said that :) I think he is content, and won't be checking the board too much to catch me, lol.

One moderate/weak gulf storm and some iffy cold and a chance at timing, is all I want at this point. And I think that is most likely to be my best shot from what the models show of hit and run/ shallow cold. If some real cold comes, I get my shot at a sleet/snow storm, say from around Valentines on. Sure, I may be crazy, probably am.... but I never give up...ever :) And as long as the rain keeps showing up there are possibilities each time. T

I don't see us getting a freezing rain or sleet event in February. In fact, I don't recall a single freezing rain or sleet event in Atlanta in the last 15 years in the month of February.

Archived