Newest Member
    joxey
Thursday Wintry Threat - Obs

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Event totals: 2.4” Snow/0.70” L.E.

The temperatures certainly cooled off to well below freezing, but the overnight snow still came in at a hefty 12.9% H2O, so the stack on the snowboard was surprisingly dense. With this morning’s addition, the total liquid derived from this event as snow was 0.38”.

Some details from the 6:00 A.M. observations are below:

New Snow: 1.7 inches

New Liquid: 0.22 inches

Snow/Water Ratio: 7.7

Snow Density: 12.9% H2O

Temperature: 27.9 F

Sky: Partly Cloudy

Snow at the stake: 2.0 inches

Just over half an inch here. Reading the obs I feel like I outperformed considering my location

I think elevation and storm evolution helped here. You're due north of me and I found it to be highly elevation dependent here. I had 0.3" at 675' but there was nothing below 600' and up around 1000' had around an inch.

All in all, I think we did well on the Eastern New England Uplift.

4.5" here in Lenox at 1,150'. Looks beautiful with heavy wet snow caked to trees. Winds not really knocking it off since it is frozen in place. It really went to town for a couple of hours last night, but it was quick. Heavy snow was gone by 2:30 AM.

Some light lake effect, upslope activity this morning keeping some light weenie snow in the air. 29.5°.

20's, -sn very windy.

4.5" here in Lenox at 1,150'. Looks beautiful with heavy wet snow caked to trees. Winds not really knocking it off since it is frozen in place. It really went to town for a couple of hours last night, but it was quick. Heavy snow was gone by 2:30 AM.

Some light lake effect, upslope activity this morning keeping some light weenie snow in the air. 29.5°.

Nice guys take some pics

I heard it too, went on for a while. Got the same amount as you, Felt great this morning nice and blustery like it should feel at this time of year.

Good to see snow on the trails again, even if it is just a veneer.

If only the cold had been drawn in a couple of hours faster. Then we would have had fun.

Still, the wind, thunder was great.

When I got up at 3:50 to take a peak it was really ripping. Must have stopped snowing right after that...lol

Archived