joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Thursday Wintry Threat - Obs

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

35.9/35.9 at Lyndonville as of 5:55pm...slow to drop here too. 33/32 at BTV with RA/SN

Yeah raining here in Stowe where I am at 1,000ft. I see St Johnsbury is still 38/37F so a long way to go for them, too.

Saranac Lake at 1,700ft in the Adirondacks is the only station in BTV's area that is reporting -SN at this time.

Yeah raining here in Stowe where I am at 1,000ft. I see St Johnsbury is still 38/37F so a long way to go for them, too.

Saranac Lake at 1,700ft in the Adirondacks is the only station in BTV's area that is reporting -SN at this time.

Keep us posted. If some of the higher res stuff is right we won't see a dramatic push for a few hours yet...probably 930/11 timeframe.

Just a matter of time for you folks, I'm sure.

40.6/41 and a matter of more time for me. :)

Depressing. I guess I have a long way to go. Down another .3F past hour to 39.4F

Just took a gander at the new zfp. Surprised to see the zr references. Also, appears they lowered the accums in the zones south of western Franklin. Typo's I'm sure. :)

WESTERN FRANKLIN MA-

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...ASHFIELD...CHARLEMONT...COLRAIN...

SHELBURNE

717 PM EST WED DEC 7 2011

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO

6 AM EST THURSDAY...

.TONIGHT...RAIN AND FREEZING RAIN THIS EVENING...THEN SNOW...

RAIN...FREEZING RAIN WITH A CHANCE OF SLEET AFTER MIDNIGHT.

PATCHY FOG. SNOW AND SLEET ACCUMULATION OF 3 TO 5 INCHES. COOLER

WITH LOWS IN THE LOWER 30S. NORTHWEST WINDS 5 TO 10 MPH...

INCREASING TO 15 TO 20 MPH AFTER MIDNIGHT. CHANCE OF

PRECIPITATION NEAR 100 PERCENT.

Snow started to really mix in here in Waterbury around 6:50 P.M., and the precipitation was fully over to snow right around 7:00 P.M. with a temperature of 34.9 F.

Wow! And you are at 500ft and south/west of me.

I'm at Topnotch on the Mountain Road near 1,000ft and its still rain at 34F. I may need to drive up to 1,500ft in a minute and see whats happening.

Archived