Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
FAILDC#

Ji

at least your "horrible december" call is still a go

Yep and I think our call from this morning about the storm wasn't bad. In my quote I tried to let people know there wasn't much chance except where there was elevation well west of the city. That even ended up being too optimistic but I'd probably make the same call there next time.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In DC it's good to look at the track of the storm, by last night it said no as the 850 low track stunk,

Well, its good to have a pro like you among us to spell that out in advance. But its still amazing that its almost 2012 and we still can't get an accurate short-term call from most sources. LWX issued a short-term forecast at 6:30 this evening for my area calling for a half-inch in the valleys and 2" on the ridge tops by 9:30. Doubt if that verified anywhere in these counties. Not bashing anyone. Its a hell of a complicated science.

dt is firing non guided weaponry

https://www.facebook...&type=1

It's kind of bogus argument as you want the surface low not to jsut be east of you but to have it track around 150 NM south and east of you to be in the good snows. Of course that's jsut and average and the distance can very greatly. What you can't have is the 850 low track west of you. That's what happens to many of us. I wonder who he is aiming at?

It's kind of bogus argument as you want the surface low not to jsut be east of you but to have it track around 150 NM south and east of you to be in the good snows. Of course that's jsut and average and the distance can very greatly. What you can't have is the 850 low track west of you. That's what happens to many of us. I wonder who he is aiming at?

just a guess..

The changeover is complete. Snowing nicely now.

Those of you getting at least some snow, complain all you want, but it's not every year that it snows on the same day that was once 60 degrees.

this last band actually looks decent on radar maybe ill get my 30-60 minutes condensed into 4.

Looks like we are done over here. Back edge getting close, 32 and occasional very light rain. No change over down here.

Strange...I had mix for a while. The flakes were essentially white rain, but snow none the less. Never made a complete change over, though. Interestingly we were colder than many locations that are changing over to complete snow for over an hour without making the full change to snow.

Archived