amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
FAILDC#

Ji

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know we all wanted snow, but I think it is good to take a larger look at this storm and recognize how impressive it was. The big precip record, a beautiful radar, winds picking up from almost nothing to a 40mph gust at DCA. Some cool stuff.

As said by others, a very good post. Just puddles here, with no accumulation. But considering last year at this time we were bone dry while we watched clippers dive into W. NC, at least we had a fun storm this time around.

Fair to say that Bastardi's son busted?

So did Pop. :)

What do we make of the models that, like every year, sucker us in with progged accumulations on Days 4, 3, and 2 prior to the storm and even the day of keep spitting out accumulations ? Weenie algorithms ? Good to be reminded early in the season to not get invested outside of 36 hours.

So did Pop. smile.png

What do we make of the models that, like every year, sucker us in with progged accumulations on Days 4, 3, and 2 prior to the storm and even the day of keep spitting out accumulations ? Weenie algorithms ? Good to be reminded early in the season to not get invested outside of 36 hours.

lol.. that was a good one.

but it's probably good to have one underperform even more than the lowest expectations snow-wise. can make the weenie bashing even stronger next go around. :P

So did Pop. smile.png

In DC it's good to look at the track of the storm, by last night it said no as the 850 low track stunk,

So did Pop. :)

For me, I think we need to be cautiously optimistic if we have a good pattern and we're not in the bullseye at D+3 with trends moving north and west. Crap pattern like this, and there's almost no reason to put your chips in until 36 hours out or less.

One thing about this storm is that it has "underperformed" in a lot of areas, not just around here. Just goes to show that a crap pattern can screw even the snowier regions.

Archived