Mid-Atlantic September Obs

SoCoWx

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yday Drudge had a headline "surprise summer snow in CO"

Article talked about snow at 10k+

Lol

I lived in Summit Co from 92-99. It snowed on July 4th 3 different times. One time it snowed 12"+ above 11k feet and even a couple inches at the valley floor. We hiked and skied peak 10 above Breckenridge ski area. The bowl is actually nicknamed 4th of July bowl.

It is common for elevations above 12k feet to get at least some snow 12 months out of the year. Even the august monsoon would drop some wet snow at the highest elevations.

Nice pic Kenny

Awesome Job! The picture is really clear and you can see the detail of the surface.

Thanks guys! I was surprised that my point and shoot was able to get something of that detail. I pretty much just held the camera up to the eye piece and set it to burst mode. Apparently full or gibbous moons are not the best time to get photos though - quarter or crescent is better due to shadows.

Thanks guys! I was surprised that my point and shoot was able to get something of that detail. I pretty much just held the camera up to the eye piece and set it to burst mode. Apparently full or gibbous moons are not the best time to get photos though - quarter or crescent is better due to shadows.

what type of camera do you have? I need to buy one.

Archived