• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    mowsee447
    Newest Member
    mowsee447
Mid-Atlantic September Obs

SoCoWx

Totally agree, tired of the wet and clouds.

Just spoke with a new client who moved here from upstate NY and they ask me if this is typical September weather?

I said no this is typically prime time for beautiful late summer weather. Looks like a dreary fall ahead?

Yeah, it does seem like we're headed to a dreary fall, doesn't it? This is anything but our typical September weather.

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why wouldn't you like sunny, 75 degree days with low humidity and cool mornings? Is dreary rain and humidity really better?

No, I like that type of weather just fine, but I was commenting based on the more recent Septembers that have been filled with 90 degree, humid weather (especially last year). This Sept has been wonderful by comparison, even with all the clouds. I'll be more excited in mid-October when the days are 65 and the nights are 40.

Threw a couple rounds of disc golf in College Park today. In addition to the soupy air, there was a lot of standing water on the saturated ground. Mosquitos were terrible but I was lucky enough to borrow some bug spray from another group on the course.

I'm tired of the humid soupy air and saturated ground. We need a big Canadien front to clear the air and let the sun do some work on the ground.

Threw a couple rounds of disc golf in College Park today. In addition to the soupy air, there was a lot of standing water on the saturated ground. Mosquitos were terrible but I was lucky enough to borrow some bug spray from another group on the course.

I'm tired of the humid soupy air and saturated ground. We need a big Canadien front to clear the air and let the sun do some work on the ground.

+50

Looks like the beginning of October could start out pretty cool for the Mid-Atlantic. Temperatures may be chilly...flurries in the mountains? Still kind of long range, but definitely a nice trough setting up for next weekend.

Sounds great to me. The mosquito explosion is crazy. Worst its been all year. A couple nights in the upper 30's or low 40's will make the little biting bastards go nighty night for the year.

Plus, we need some crisp dry air to get the leaves going. If this weather keeps up the most common leaf color is going to be brown.

Trying to get a handle on tomorrow. LWX seems kinda bullish with chances for another dumping of moisture, altho I am not sure what the trigger for that is as the cutoff low inflicting us with the days and days of clouds doesn't seem like it is in a prime spot to do so. Then again, I, as usual, probably shouldn't make even that observation and leave that kind of discussion to others.

Archived