Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Mid-Atlantic September Obs

SoCoWx

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our lawn and deck are already getting covered with falling leaves. Does seem awfully early. Maybe the rain was too late to have an impact and keep the leaves up.

The only other yr I remember it this early was 2009, though that was a drier fall to this point in the season.

I can't help but think maybe the rains have something to do with it, just a wild guess tho.

Our lawn and deck are already getting covered with falling leaves. Does seem awfully early. Maybe the rain was too late to have an impact and keep the leaves up.

Depending on which trees are dropping, it's not too early. Tulip Poplars start making a mess in September every year. Dogwoods seems to do the same in mid sept. My Tulip Poplars are making their usual mess in my back yard. They are messy trees in general. They drop blossoms all over my yard in the spring and drop leaves for a full month in the fall. Not a fan.

The front is through out here. NNW winds gusting to 18 mph. Temps have fallen from 69 early this morning to 59 currently as a very, very weak squall has just passed. It's wonderful out. All I want to do is go home and sit on my porch and enjoy it, but have the rest of the day to get through at work and have class afterwards :angry:

No foliage report here, but I can report that my grass is back with a vengeance.

Noticing a bit of color change on leaves the last couple days.

Yes, same here especially along I-79 north of Charleston. Some dull yellows starting to come through. My dogwood is getting a tinge of red which seems earlier than usual and is dropping leaves.

Temperartures have been falling all day here...was down to 54 at 2PM. Nice damp chill in the air today. I finally switched from shorts to pants and long sleeves today.:)

Archived