• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mid-Atlantic September Obs

SoCoWx

Is anyone else disappointed that Lee cancelled the cool-down for the Mid-Atl? I kinda sorta really am...Now it seems any such cool down will be postponed for 15 days (like always)..I'm just utterly tired of this pattern. I must say, if summer heat was a person..Id be in prison for murder.

The next few days are going to be 10-15 degrees below climo.

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The next few days are going to be 10-15 degrees below climo.

What on earth are you talking about? Non-mountain areas have average highs in the low/mid 80s with lows in the low/mid 60s this time of year. Highs may be 5-10+ degrees below average if the rain can persist, but lows should be in the mid to upper 60s.

What on earth are you talking about? Non-mountain areas have average highs in the low/mid 80s with lows in the low/mid 60s this time of year. Highs may be 5-10 degrees below average if the rain can persist, but lows should be in the mid to upper 60s.

Tomorrow's NWS grids have 68 to 70 for a high tomorrow around the region....so it that verifies 10 to 15 below climo is spot on.

Tomorrow's NWS grids have 68 to 70 for a high tomorrow around the region....so it that verifies 10 to 15 below climo is spot on.

For ONE day, not "the next few" as was in the OP, and only on the high. Forgive me, but I also look at the average temp. vs just the high (which is more telling, but was probably not the original point of argument). Lows should be near normal to slightly above normal.

For ONE day, not "the next few" as was in the OP, and only on the high. Forgive me, but I also look at the average temp. vs just the high (which is more telling, but was probably not the original point of argument). Lows should be near normal to slightly above normal.

Yes, I was referring to HIGHS only. Through THUR the highs are FORECASTED to be 10-15 degrees below the climo of 83.

Tuesday: Rain. The rain could be heavy at times. High near 67. North wind between 10 and 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New rainfall amounts between three quarters and one inch possible.

Tuesday Night: Showers. The rain could be heavy at times. Low around 61. East wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New rainfall amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.

Wednesday: Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm. Cloudy, with a high near 73. Light east wind. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Wednesday Night: Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Low around 64. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.

Thursday: Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. High near 72. Chance of precipitation is 80%.

lol

You do realize that this is the same model that brought Lee back into the west-central Gulf when literally every other model was bringing it NE? Needless to say, it didn't verify. No need to watch NAM for tropics, especially after 36-48hr.

meh, I said a heck of a lot more ominous, not that it showed a hit

I agree it's unlikely to come as close as 18z NAM suggests, but never say never when it comes to tropical systems >2 days out

and just because a model sux w/one storm doesn't mean it can't score a coup on the next

that being said, I agree it's likely a miss, which will suit me just fine

meh, I said a heck of a lot more ominous, not that it showed a hit

I agree it's unlikely to come as close as 18z NAM suggests, but never say never when it comes to tropical systems >2 days out

and just because a model sux w/one storm doesn't mean it can't score a coup on the next

that being said, I agree it's likely a miss, which will suit me just fine

Well offshore =/= ominous

Lee was just the latest example... NAM sucks with tropics nearly all the time.

Archived