Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Mid-Atlantic September Obs

SoCoWx

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even here in towson its amazing.. I used to walk to workouts everyday this summer at 5am and i would see deer at least every other day

Deer are everywhere around here. Absolutely everywhere. I've seen deer all along the Beltway and on 395, and I've seen dead deer on 66 Eastbound near Rosslyn. And they're all over the place in my neck of the woods.

Deer are everywhere around here. Absolutely everywhere. I've seen deer all along the Beltway and on 395, and I've seen dead deer on 66 Eastbound near Rosslyn. And they're all over the place in my neck of the woods.

Had one in my yard last week. They like to roam through the soccer field behind my house. Our sheltie barks at anything and everything (birds, squirrels, leaves, shadows), but he takes it up a notch when he sees a deer.

I like the stories of people hitting deer, thinking they are dead, stuffing them into their cars only to have the deer wakeup and start thrashing around.

Id never do that, though I was happy to see it run away (at least I think it did, I was too busy trying to put the dog back in the front seat)

Yeah, I'm okay. Thankfully, it wasnt too bad. I was going downhill at a slow speed, first one missed me, second one didn't quite clear my hood. Looks like someone sat on my hood just above my drivers side headlight. No other damage, not even a scratch.

So, did you pull over and get the deer? Free meat for the winter!!!

I'm just kidding--glad you're ok1 The two times I've hit a deer i've been asked if I got the deer for it's meat. Of course, it was a guy who asked.....

Had one in my yard last week. They like to roam through the soccer field behind my house. Our sheltie barks at anything and everything (birds, squirrels, leaves, shadows), but he takes it up a notch when he sees a deer.

We've got woods surrounding our subdivision, so they generally stay in there. I'd imagine they hit up the yards bordering the woods pretty hard, but we have seen them wander up onto our street (a good 100 yards from the woods).

If my pup (pit mix) saw a deer, he'd probably flip his s***...though it's hard to beat his reaction to foxes. He no likey foxes.

?

Looks fine to me... maybe screen-cap yours so we can see if there's any difference?

HRRR suggests these storms weaken considerably once they get into the DC/MoCo area.

the base map is all shaky--like it moves around within the image borders. i guess it is my machine.

not much to keep the storms going well to the east.. fingers crossed (tho i guess we dont need the rain anymore)

Is anyone having trouble zooming on LWX Wunderground NEXRAD? Not working for me.

Radar's working fine for me (on both the www and classic sites)... Running Firefox.

Do you like our chances at something? I'd like to get come lightning video while opportunity still lives.

I'm not anticipating much, but you never know.

Also, find a better spot to shoot lightning videos :P

Radar's working fine for me (on both the www and classic sites)... Running Firefox.

I'm not anticipating much, but you never know.

Also, find a better spot to shoot lightning videos :P

Thanks

And what spot would you suggest? I want to live :P The Iphone camera didn't pick up the lightning well, But the 2nd (close) strike in that video hit on the other side of booze creek, AKA, 5 houses down.

Edit: Not sure if I posted it or not, a 2:17 into the video

http://www.youtube.com/user/court1100#p/u/5/uDWo0Xj23Z0

Thanks

And what spot would you suggest? I want to live :P The Iphone camera didn't pick up the lightning well, But the 2nd (close) strike in that video hit on the other side of booze creek, AKA, 5 houses down.

Edit: Not sure if I posted it or not, a 2:17 into the video

http://www.youtube.c...u/5/uDWo0Xj23Z0

I dunno... do a search for open/high areas on google/bing or just go exploring for a bit. Parking garages also work well.

Also, invest in a good camera/camcorder.

I dunno... do a search for open/high areas on google/bing or just go exploring for a bit. Parking garages also work well.

Thanks, sounds good.

Also, invest in a good camera/camcorder.

I actually have one but lost the charger cord a few months ago.

Is there something driving these storms? If so, what would cause them to die off within 30 miles?

Is there something driving these storms? If so, what would cause them to die off within 30 miles?

They formed up in the mountains with the help of the orographics, a weak lee trough/convergence zone and good instability and lapse rates... LCLs are higher east of the storms, instability will be on the decrease (currently 2000-3000 CAPE... so losing some wouldn't be too big of a loss). Might be just enough between the loss from the max heating and the drier low-levels to kill the storms.

EDIT: Also, clouds are getting transported ahead of the storms... mucking up the atmosphere as the cloud deck expands.

They formed up in the mountains with the help of the orographics, a weak lee trough/convergence zone and good instability and lapse rates... LCLs are higher east of the storms, instability will be on the decrease (currently 2000-3000 CAPE... so losing some wouldn't be too big of a loss). Might be just enough between the loss from the max heating and the drier low-levels to kill the storms.

EDIT: Also, clouds are getting transported ahead of the storms... mucking up the atmosphere as the cloud deck expands.

Ah K, thanks, have always suspected the Anvil fanning out may supress development on the outflow boundary. Still holding out hope though :P LWX just issued a warning out to the Potomac River on the MoCo Border.

Archived