EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Mid-Atlantic September Obs

SoCoWx

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Storming here. The lightning is intense. TVS up near Taneytown.

I'm in Bethesda and missing the storm. So these storms bypassed us all summer or fizzled out. Since we got the 7" of rain the last two tropical storms, I noticed the storms aren't missing us. Either the pattern really changed or the moisture in the ground is playing a factor.

I'm in Bethesda and missing the storm. So these storms bypassed us all summer or fizzled out. Since we got the 7" of rain the last two tropical storms, I noticed the storms aren't missing us. Either the pattern really changed or the moisture in the ground is playing a factor.

It has gotten nasty out up here. The skies are looking mean and the thunder and lightning is intense. The wind is blowing the rain sideways.

Welcome to Inside the Beltway... only ~ 2" of rain from June thru Aug before Irene.

Per my RadarScope app, looks like about 56 dBZ over the Ballenger Creek area with a decent amount of 35 dBZ or so behind it. I'll have to check my gauge when I get home.

The main storm is past us now but the lightning is crazy! CG and CC all over. Have witnessed several bolts right out front of our home.

I'd assume it's cause you said welcome to inside the beltway, making it seem you thought he lived inside the beltway when in fact he lives in Frederick.

Maybe. I'm not sure how anyone could interpet it that way, if he lived here already why would I say "welcome"? Plus the city is listed in the profile.

Anyway not a big deal

Best storm of the season here in SC. Incredible amount of CTG. Temp drop from 88 to 61 when the storm came through. Got some very good rain also - for a change, and a tiny bit of pea-sized hail. The sky is still lighting up in the east. The thunder was incredible - I had one seriously freaked out dog. I wonder if there could have been ducting. Would cooled lower-level air be enough to produce ducting?

Two rounds in the last 90 minutes here in Clarksburg with the next round approaching from the WSW. 0.83" in the bucket so far. Lots of CTG with 3 minutes of pea sized hail in the first cell. The next sounds as vigorous as the first two re: CTG. Density map for today is pretty impressive.

2011-09-15_1000km_Z.png

Archived