joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mid-Atlantic September Obs

SoCoWx

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm gonna try and be as nice as I can when I say this, as you know we have battled before, but do you think you can cut back and limit the cursing in your posts? I think it would go a long way to helping and making your obs more enjoyable for others to read. In OT I could care less but wx side should be a place for solid verbal skills. No trying to troll, just a suggestion.

thanks I'll definitely keep this in mind

Sick forecast for snowshoe

Tonight: Rain showers likely before 1am, then rain and snow showers. Low around 31. Northwest wind between 15 and 17 mph, with gusts as high as 34 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Saturday: Rain and snow showers before 3pm, then rain showers likely between 3pm and 5pm, then rain and snow showers likely after 5pm. High near 35. Northwest wind between 11 and 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

Sick forecast for snowshoe

Tonight: Rain showers likely before 1am, then rain and snow showers. Low around 31. Northwest wind between 15 and 17 mph, with gusts as high as 34 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Saturday: Rain and snow showers before 3pm, then rain showers likely between 3pm and 5pm, then rain and snow showers likely after 5pm. High near 35. Northwest wind between 11 and 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

I always like having a look at Snowshoe's website during fall. They always get a few good snows in October and November before the rest of us even get a sniff, setting them well on their way towards their yearly average of 180" or so. Of course, being at nearly 5000' will do that for you!

The 00Z euro is much different than the 00Z GFS in the handling of the upper low that is goign to give us the cold and possible showers on Saturday. The euro keeps the upper low around through 00Z Thursday while the GFS is much more progressive which would make Tuesday and Wed nice days instead of the euro cloudy and chilly days. The GFS ensembles strongly support the gfs. HPC has opted towards yesterdays 12Z euro which is a compromise between the two and it sounds like the 12Z euro ensembles gave it support. That seems like a decent idea though I'm hoping for the gfs.

The 00Z euro is much different than the 00Z GFS in the handling of the upper low that is goign to give us the cold and possible showers on Saturday. The euro keeps the upper low around through 00Z Thursday while the GFS is much more progressive which would make Tuesday and Wed nice days instead of the euro cloudy and chilly days. The GFS ensembles strongly support the gfs. HPC has opted towards yesterdays 12Z euro which is a compromise between the two and it sounds like the 12Z euro ensembles gave it support. That seems like a decent idea though I'm hoping for the gfs.

ill hope for the best but seems we like cutoffs lately. was a bit of a concern of mine a few days ago then i stopped paying attention.

ill hope for the best but seems we like cutoffs lately. was a bit of a concern of mine a few days ago then i stopped paying attention.

The 12Z euro today is kind of like the 12Z euro yesterday. It keep the bad thru Monday into Tuesday. Wed still looks OK but with a breeze. I haven't bothered to look at the GFS.

The 12Z euro today is kind of like the 12Z euro yesterday. It keep the bad thru Monday into Tuesday. Wed still looks OK but with a breeze. I haven't bothered to look at the GFS.

The 12z euro had a major shift from 0z towards the GFS solution with the c/o getting kicked out Tuesday night. The previous run (00z) had it sticking around till Thursday and moving south and sticking there.

Archived