12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Mid-Atlantic September Obs

SoCoWx

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probs down to 2/5/5 as Slight gets removed... good call based on what the newer models have been showing. Still interested to see how unstable NoVA/MD/DC can get as the better dynamics work into the region later today.

09z run of the HRRR literally showed pretty much nothing coming thru later :lol:

We will see I guess. I'm pretty pessimistic :(

We will see I guess. I'm pretty pessimistic :(

That's probably the way to go. I was a lot more excited about the potential yesterday compared to today... wind field looks considerably worse, especially when trying to line it up with a decent amount of instability. I'm not ready to bail on today yet, but more and more evidence is piling up on the "meh" side of things.

That's probably the way to go. I was a lot more excited about the potential yesterday compared to today... wind field looks considerably worse, especially when trying to line it up with a decent amount of instability. I'm not ready to bail on today yet, but more and more evidence is piling up on the "meh" side of things.

:huh:

This was this morning's AFD from LWX

TODAY...THUNDERSTORMS IN THE SUBTROPICAL PLUME STILL ACROSS THE

AREA. WITH EXPANSION/DRIFT OF THE PARENT SYSTEM...FOCUS OF ACTIVITY

HAS SHIFTED MAINLY EAST OF THE BLUE RIDGE. POOLED SFC

MOISTURE...DECENT INSTABILITY...AND INCREASED SHEAR FROM YESTERDAY

HAVE RAISED THE THREAT LEVEL FOR SEVERE THUNDERSTORM POTENTIAL. AS A

RESULT...THE CENTRAL SWATH OF THE LWX CWA IS IN A SLIGHT RISK FOR

SEVERE WEATHER TODAY. WITH MORE SHEAR THAN YESTERDAY...SUPERCELLS

ARE MORE LIKELY TODAY...WITH THREATS FOR LARGE HAIL...DAMAGING

WIND...AND TORNADOES.

:huh:

This was this morning's AFD from LWX

Looks like they were finding excuses for the increase in probabilities that the SPC put out :P

Looking at the most recent GFS compared to the 12z GFS from yesterday... there were some very minor improvements in the low-level wind field (though not by any appreciable amount... by around 5 kts at some levels, with a slight increase in the easterly component at the surface). Upper-level winds are similar to yesterday, but are actually slightly worse as they have lost a bit of the westerly component (which, although was not a significant change, seems more influential on sustaining supercells compared to the small change in the low-level winds).

I guess in the end I would call it more of a push than anything. The real degradation to the forecast came when the instability started to become more decoupled with the better wind field.

No need to be snarky, I'm asking a simple question.

I'm not being snarky...I honestly assume that is what he is probably forecasting. Frozen everyone for that matter.

He has long proven to not be very accurate. So why use him when we have so many better resources right here on our forum. I'm sorry that I cannot trust somebody who says that every other hurricane relates to some E coast disaster or every snowstorm is going to dump huge amounts of snow on I-95

Archived