Newest Member
    joxey
Mid-Atlantic September Obs

SoCoWx

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where is Billy Goat Trail?

In between Great Falls and Carderock on the MD side of the Potomac. There are 3 sections but section A is by far the best. Section A is between Old Anglers and Great Falls. Park by Old Anglers and walk up 1.5 miles to the trailhead and come back on the trail. Starting upriver is better than starting downriver. There is a pretty steep face on the trail and it is more fun climbing up than going down.

http://www.midatlantichikes.com/id163.html

Over 50% of the trail is rocks. Not the typical path in the woods. My 6 year old boy did it for the first time today and did awesome. My older daughters love it. I've been taking them for years. Anybody who likes to hike, scramble on rocks, and enjoy great views should do this at least once. Not for dogs or people with balance problems. When I take the pooch I take him on section B & C.

In between Great Falls and Carderock on the MD side of the Potomac. There are 3 sections but section A is by far the best. Section A is between Old Anglers and Great Falls. Park by Old Anglers and walk up 1.5 miles to the trailhead and come back on the trail. Starting upriver is better than starting downriver. There is a pretty steep face on the trail and it is more fun climbing up than going down.

http://www.midatlant....com/id163.html

Over 50% of the trail is rocks. Not the typical path in the woods. My 6 year old boy did it for the first time today and did awesome. My older daughters love it. I've been taking them for years. Anybody who likes to hike, scramble on rocks, and enjoy great views should do this at least once. Not for dogs or people with balance problems. When I take the pooch I take him on section B & C.

Thank you, sounds excellent.

Ellinwood, what are your thoughts about the Mon-Fri timeframe irt total precip? If the front and Lee remnants line up right it sure looks like a multi day soaker with some spots topping 5"+ around here.

It would be a pretty good contest but I'm not good at putting them together. Anyone interested in putting together a Mon-Fri precip total contest @ IAD, DCA, and BWI?

Another hot and humid day here, even put the window ac back in the bedroom window.

ready for fall big time!

Watching strong storms in Grant County to my west, tracking north so no threat here yet dark sky with thunder and lighting close by.

Storms are building down here to my south about ready to move in. They are slow movers and seem to be back building. Flash Flood Watch out for tonight despite it being bone dry. Remants of Lee's moisture coming up will be good for the grass.

Storms are building down here to my south about ready to move in. They are slow movers and seem to be back building. Flash Flood Watch out for tonight despite it being bone dry. Remants of Lee's moisture coming up will be good for the grass.

There has been nothing but green here since spring.

had storm pop right over my location in Hardy County. .39 so far and down to 69.0

Now why did I put the AC back in the bedroom window this afternoon?

it's been raining off and on for the last few hours but not much yet. I think it's just started thundering.

edit: definitely thundering. I don't like nighttime thunderstorms. :( too many bad ones growing up in New England.

?

I always thought nighttime storms were safer because everyone is indoors. On the flip side, middle of the night STW's go unnoticed and I got some really big trees in the yard. Just curious, what happened in the NE?

been watching the lightning show off my SW / NE for the past 2 hours. solid line of storms training just a couple miles west, and can't buy a single drop of rain. this place is so cursed.

Saw that as I drifted off to sleep last night over here in Frederick. Must of gotten something overnight as the streets are wet this morning.

Saw that as I drifted off to sleep last night over here in Frederick. Must of gotten something overnight as the streets are wet this morning.

My gauge registered 0.20" this morning. Hopefully Mother Nature is kind and balances things out this week...keep the heavier rain totals west of 95 where it is still very dry. If that pans out, then Texas next!!

Archived