• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Sunday/Monday Coastal (Aug 14/15)

Baroclinic Zone

It would depend on the antecedent airmass in the winter whether we'd get a lot of snow out of a system like this. The 850 low tracks between SE MA and ORH on most guidance so that is not favorable for all snow in eastern areas, but if the air mass started off cold, then it would probably be a lot of snow changing to sleet/ZR. If the air mass was more marginal, it would probably be mostly rain in eastern areas and a huge ice storm over the interior. Sfc low tracking over the Cape or SE MA would ensure some type of frozen over interior unless the airmass was brutally above climo for winter.

there's very little blocking with low pressure over Canada I think it would just be a crummy SW flow event. Elevated northern areas would be okay but I don't see how it would be more than a few inches in most areas.

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would depend on the antecedent airmass in the winter whether we'd get a lot of snow out of a system like this. The 850 low tracks between SE MA and ORH on most guidance so that is not favorable for all snow in eastern areas, but if the air mass started off cold, then it would probably be a lot of snow changing to sleet/ZR. If the air mass was more marginal, it would probably be mostly rain in eastern areas and a huge ice storm over the interior. Sfc low tracking over the Cape or SE MA would ensure some type of frozen over interior unless the airmass was brutally above climo for winter.

Since this is a "spring training" event, we can presume that all favorable factors will fall into place in time.

62/61, rain and more rain. I've been to 10 different stores trying to locate an air conditioner to get some relief from this unrelenting heat but there seem to be none left. Evidently this prolonged heat wave has caused a run on even fans. Gotta hand it to Kevin on this one. I thought he was full of sh*t when he said 70's and humid would be unbearable but here it is in the 60's and I can't seem to cool down. Wow, epic torch.

jesus christ would you give it a rest already

Your overhyping of modest rain events and turning them into life threatening helicopter rescues seems to be occuring as often as it floods in SE CT

A couple towns had some serious flash flooding last night. Other than that there hasn't been much as expected.

You FTL (again)

Had to wear the old golf rain gear this am cutting until about 11 am, just a couple light showers, as expected rain was very spotty down this way last night and today, in fact the sun has been in and out since noon, temps approaching 80 and nice and humid!! Turned out to be a very nice afternoon as expected!:thumbsup:

Had to wear the old golf rain gear this am cutting until about 11 am, just a couple light showers, as expected rain was very spotty down this way last night and today, in fact the sun has been in and out since noon, temps approaching 80 and nice and humid!! Turned out to be a very nice afternoon as expected!:thumbsup:

High today has been 65.9F... currently 63F

Yards were ok to mow? No flooding issues like in Tolland?

High today has been 65.9F... currently 63F

Yards were ok to mow? No flooding issues like in Tolland?

lol, no flooding issues, although just east of here had a nice burst of rain last night, our rains came late Sat night into midday Sun, since then its been spotty. I got 3 large lawns done, had to bag since it was so wet, sweated out lots of margs and rum runners thats for sure!

Not a classic case, but a TROWAL on 700mb extending west into SNE. That's what allows those sheet rains to continue under low level ne flow.

post-33-0-36851400-1313438767.png

I don't know about those 6-7" that was mentioned earlier in ORH county, but a nice soaking rain so far. Periods of +RA at home as well.

Archived