gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
Sunday/Monday Coastal (Aug 14/15)

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Classic CF, training, probably will see a repeat of NYC in ECT, RI today.

I don't see CF right now..I think it's more just classic LLJ PWAT plume action with convergence a little higher up. Winds really aren't that convergent anymore at the surface, but I think as the low develops and move northeast..you may see some more low level convergence develop later on.

I don't see CF right now..I think it's more just classic LLJ PWAT plume action with convergence a little higher up. Winds really aren't that convergent anymore at the surface, but I think as the low develops and move northeast..you may see some more low level convergence develop later on.

Which areas are you thinking get nailed later?

Which areas are you thinking get nailed later?

I think ern CT and RI will probably get the most, as that axis of rain will pivot there as H5 develops and tilts a little more negative. However, the whole area will slowly translate northeast with time, along with more developing areas from the south and elongated more e-w...kind of like that heavy band right now south of New Bedford. Eventually we all get soaked this aftn, and it should pivot into srn NH too.

Look at the wind shift line right along the coastal front where the heaviest rain is occurring.42d4d0af-3cf9-bc8e.jpg

Lots of boring light rain so far up here.

.59"

.13"/hr rain rate :thumbsdown:

Had 0.01" by 7 AM IMBY. Radar shows -RA there since about 9, and under 0.3". Had one moderate but short shower here in AUG, probably about 0.1". Juicy stuff still to our west - maybe we'll get some of it.

Don't like the slowdown of precip exit, either. Our multi-day field trip (peer review of our forest management) begins midday tomorrow, just west of PQI. Not good getting sopped at the start. (Could be worse. During this annual event in 2005, we got about 3" from the remains of Katrina, but it came on the last day, better than on day 1.)

Rain totals will be impressive but right now rates aren't terribly impressive. The stuff that was causing big flash flooding was dropping 2" an hour kinda stuff. Don't see anything near that so far this am.

Nope thankfully but that slug south of the tip of LI now showing 2 per, hope that does not come in.

Rain totals will be impressive but right now rates aren't terribly impressive. The stuff that was causing big flash flooding was dropping 2" an hour kinda stuff. Don't see anything near that so far this am.

Yeah highest I've seen is about an inch an hour. Definitely not as heavy as was seen yesterday in NYC metro.

68/68 - Winds have switched to a more NE direction (as opposed to ESE most of the am).

Total rainfall thus far (since about 4am) is 3.15.

Briefly had a rainfall rate of 3.95 at 10:56am (according to my Davis Vantage Vue).

Still a moderate to occasional heavy rain falling....

68/68 - Winds have switched to a more NE direction (as opposed to ESE most of the am).

Total rainfall thus far (since about 4am) is 3.15.

Briefly had a rainfall rate of 3.95 at 10:56am (according to my Davis Vantage Vue).

Still a moderate to occasional heavy rain falling....

Change back to snow?, how's the surf?

Archived