• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Sunday/Monday Coastal (Aug 14/15)

Baroclinic Zone

Thought I'd open a thread to discuss what looks like a heavy soaker for some upcoming on Sunday/Monday

Globals in pretty good agreement at this point showing a wave digging out of the GL and spawning a coastal off of NY Bight.

WAA rains with origins in the S could bring heavy amounts, than as the system occludes we could get the typical wrap-around moisture.

f84.gif

f96.gif

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A real soaker would be nice, instead of the 8-10 faux soakers (wet all day, less than 1/4" qpf) we've had since our last good rain in May. Yesterday was being progged for about 1.5" for MBY until the models changed later on Tuesday, and I got the usual, 0.22". (Different setup this time, but I'll wait and see.) Just don't send it north. CAR cracked the 20" mark since June 1, and that's 230% of normal for the period. They've already at or close to their normal annual rainfall - 36.5" so far.

Thank god it's not winter.

Good to sea a coastal low. It stalls south of us as well, and washes out.

Kind of tough to pinpoint the area of heaviest rains, but NY state looks to get a soaking as H5 develops and closes off. SNE has the potential as well, if this low can slide south of us.

Archived