joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Sunday/Monday Coastal (Aug 14/15)

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tough to tell where the heaviest rain sets up. It might be way off to the north along a frontal boundary near Montreal extending south into NY state, also a potential deformation area. However as we saw the other day, if there is a secondary low, it could act to squueze out the high theta-e over a narrow area. It's also possible we may have one of those sheet drizzle/rains for a while Monday night and Tuesday, if the low stalls to our south.

Tough to tell where the heaviest rain sets up. It might be way off to the north along a frontal boundary near Montreal extending south into NY state, also a potential deformation area. However as we saw the other day, if there is a secondary low, it could act to squueze out the high theta-e over a narrow area. It's also possible we may have one of those sheet drizzle/rains for a while Monday night and Tuesday, if the low stalls to our south.

Yeah. Not enough of a baroclinic zone to enhance anything so the frontal boundary and any WAA precip will be mostly it.

I like seeing these kind of setups and storms in August....bodes well for the early winter I think. I remember well a Noreaster on Sept 4 1995. I was on the central coast of Maine and it was 45 degrees at midday with winds gusting to 60 at Popham Beach. It was the start of a trend for strong coastal storms that continued as we know. :)

I like seeing these kind of setups and storms in August....bodes well for the early winter I think. I remember well a Noreaster on Sept 4 1995. I was on the central coast of Maine and it was 45 degrees at midday with winds gusting to 60 at Popham Beach. It was the start of a trend for strong coastal storms that continued as we know. :)

:weenie:

Some get it Mahk some don't, hopefully opening salvo.

Some get it Mahk some don't, hopefully opening salvo.

You are going to be unmercifully trolled if winter poops out. I think frankly we have a 50/50 shot at well below normal snow. Some signs are good but many are bad. i'll give you one thing which has held me from going balls to the walls with a crappy winter: This July/August couplet has the 1995esque feel. But many get it. We just aren't as smart as you.

I'm pretty certain that Franklin county will break it's dry spell over the next couple of days. Not so sure that we'll get all that much--at least in relation to what might have been suggested earlier in the week.

In spite of the added warmth, still was pretty nice today. Had mostly overcast sky, but the sun managed to break thorugh at times.

75.6/62 of off 75.9.

Archived