wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Sunday/Monday Coastal (Aug 14/15)

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There must be a new Euro version you look at... I don't see any torch through next Sunday (that would be 7 days from now). By next week maybe we get warm but I wouldn't buy into that just yet.

I love how Blizz is now relegated to hyping humidity as the threat to society. Soon we'll hear the calls for prayer.lol

Looks pretty damn humid days 1-10..some days in the 60's some dews into the 70's..depending on the day.

Also with normals coming down a day in the mid-upper 80's is now a torch. Normal high at BDL today is 83..so 88-89 is a torch

That will go along with the '98-'99 coming up. Maybe '01-'02 where I can drive around with my sleeves rolled up, arm hanging out the window while blasting John Mayer.

You have to start playing the old JB game of "warm against the norms" now to justify torch talk. :) Like in late February when an arctic air mass is incoming and he always says ..this is the coldest air mass against the norms all season.

Heavy heavy swampazz on the Euro basically for the entire 10 days to varying degrees. By late in the period..those not hoping for a torch...well good luck

Kevin and CT will probably be the winners tonight. Western mass perhaps gets into it later on, as they can do well with se flow...so long as that moist plume is over them.

I think tomorrow what we might see, is a blob of heavy convective rains south of New England, moving north. That will overspread the area during the day...but heaviest rains may be ctrl and eastern areas during the day. My guess, anyways.

Local weatherbug station is at 0.02" here. You win by 100x

Lol. Still .10" here. I thought it was going to start up, but the radar miraculously collapsed as it approaches and the NW corner is once again rain free. I see we have a flood watch with 2-4" being forecasted. I'm not convinced......

Righteous stuff from points east of Manhattan that's for sure.

Kevin and CT will probably be the winners tonight. Western mass perhaps gets into it later on, as they can do well with se flow...so long as that moist plume is over them.

I think tomorrow what we might see, is a blob of heavy convective rains south of New England, moving north. That will overspread the area during the day...but heaviest rains may be ctrl and eastern areas during the day. My guess, anyways.

Yeah in the E/SE flow you have to like W Mass, NW CT. They always seem to cash in. Not exactly sure what transpires tonight... will be interesting to watch.

Yeah in the E/SE flow you have to like W Mass, NW CT. They always seem to cash in. Not exactly sure what transpires tonight... will be interesting to watch.

Yeah not sure exactly on areas further north like western mass. Sometimes those heavier moisture plumes like what's occuring over NYC and CT seem to rob the moisture, but if the flow backs a little more..I guess it could develop further north. I noticed the 18Z and SREF still seem too far nw as of now.

I woke up at 7:20 this morning excited at how radar looked thinking that we'd at least get a piece of the rain to our west. The radar hasn't changed a bit over the last 10 hours and I've barely had a couple hundreths of rain. Any significant rain is welcomed down here this time of year because brown grass in the norm. Some of you have had 6 inches plus of rain this month...I've only had a little over 2 inches. The SE New England screw zone has been on over-drive in 2011.

As for the heat war that Litchfield and Kevin have been waging....I'd have to side with them. Since early July I'd estimate 80% or more of the days down here have had a dew point at 70 or higher. And even today, it's fairly cool out, but still the dew point has been hovering at around 70. At least the last 10 days we've lost the higher temps. I'm sick of all this benign weather. I may move to Rindge, NH!!

I woke up at 7:20 this morning excited at how radar looked thinking that we'd at least get a piece of the rain to our west. The radar hasn't changed a bit over the last 10 hours and I've barely had a couple hundreths of rain. Any significant rain is welcomed down here this time of year because brown grass in the norm. Some of you have had 6 inches plus of rain this month...I've only had a little over 2 inches. The SE New England screw zone has been on over-drive in 2011.

As for the heat war that Litchfield and Kevin have been waging....I'd have to side with them. Since early July I'd estimate 80% or more of the days down here have had a dew point at 70 or higher. And even today, it's fairly cool out, but still the dew point has been hovering at around 70. At least the last 10 days we've lost the higher temps. I'm sick of all this benign weather. I may move to Rindge, NH!!

Thats false SNH takes the cake this summer. You guys killed in SVR weather this summer.

Yeah not sure exactly on areas further north like western mass. Sometimes those heavier moisture plumes like what's occuring over NYC and CT seem to rob the moisture, but if the flow backs a little more..I guess it could develop further north. I noticed the 18Z and SREF still seem too far nw as of now.

Scott's stomping on my buzz...........

4.50" max over the area tomorrow on the 18z NAM with a much better low track for a heavy convective batch of rain for E NE. And lots of 2-5" 3hr QPF swaths south of the region as the batch moves north. With about a 12hr period for rain tomorrow, could definitely have some NYC-esque rainfall totals.

4.50" max over the area tomorrow on the 18z NAM with a much better low track for a heavy convective batch of rain for E NE. And lots of 2-5" 3hr QPF swaths south of the region as the batch moves north. With about a 12hr period for rain tomorrow, could definitely have some NYC-esque rainfall totals.

I wouldn't be surprised if the NAM is being too aggressive in developing that sfc low... seems like some kind of convective feedback over the warm Atlantic. I think we still may see the heaviest rain set up in western areas of SNE tomorrow.... though it will tend to move east as the S/SE flow backs more E/ENE

I wouldn't be surprised if the NAM is being too aggressive in developing that sfc low... seems like some kind of convective feedback over the warm Atlantic. I think we still may see the heaviest rain set up in western areas of SNE tomorrow.... though it will tend to move east as the S/SE flow backs more E/ENE

Definitely possible, though GFS and SREFS both have secondary maxima tomorrow too over E NE.

Archived