EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Sunday/Monday Coastal (Aug 14/15)

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah the 18Z GFS just says some light precip for C/NNE mostly around .25" over 60 hours. Big difference from NAM. Any thoughts guys for us up here?

Waited for it to rain all day... dry air just eating this up. I guess I should of watered my plants today.

00z NAM shows the heavy heavy.. wish this was winter

NAM drops 2+ for all of NE... I'll believe when I see it

I'm starting to wonder if that heavy batch east of Atlantic City will expand and spread northward throughout the night

0Z NAM is nice to us in C/NE. 2-3" of qpf, and the track is perfect. Maybe a little mix down towards CON and east but all snow for the Lakes Region. Widespread 2 feet plus. Wish the low was deeper to get some good wind but I will take it! Been awhile since a nice Mid August blockbuster

500 low never closes off. We could see breaks in the radar..

00z NAM shows the heavy heavy.. wish this was winter

NAM drops 2+ for all of NE... I'll believe when I see it

I'm starting to wonder if that heavy batch east of Atlantic City will expand and spread northward throughout the night

Not worth looking at. It's been totally unable to maintain consistency in the low track tomorrow, and is currently modeling the heavy convection too far NW, around BGM-ALB instead of NYC. Best just to nowcast.

Been raining BUCKETS here in west haven...in fact, that nice band has been over me for over an hour to hour and a half now.

Most of West Haven must need an ark by now. Crazy.

twright,

I asked you a question a few weeks ago but never checked to see if you responded. Did you know an obese old man named Emil who used to ride up and down campbell avenue for years on his battery powered wheel chair. He died in March at the age of 76. He was a real character...always taking the train to Yankee Stadium, and if you weren't living in west haven pre-2008 before he went into a nursing home, ask people you know....because he was well known around west haven having lived at surfside apartments for 20 years.

Archived