joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Sunday/Monday Coastal (Aug 14/15)

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope we get one of these in December... this would've been a crushing, crushing snowstorm. Rained all night and still raining steadily this morning... NW flow should continue to wring out precipitation even after this deform band moves SEward. Man the mid-level low tracks were about as climo classic for big snows as it can get for this area.

Not looking forward to the 30 minute 4-wheeler ride up the mountain this morning... the waterbars look more like cascading rivers. Got the wool socks and under armor base layers on though; yesterday was enough to chill me to the bone on the upper mtn... 48-52F with 40mph SE winds and driving rain. I smartened up and will be more prepared today. Definitely feels like October. Currently 54F with RN at the bottom (1,500ft).

reminds me of that sf where BTV had like 32" in 24 hours or something...I'm terrible with dates, a couple winters ago.... :devilsmiley:

More rain to come now Irving

Hopefully it is very light...there is a leak in my roof above the bathroom ceiling light/vent/heater I installed this spring. Water gushing right into it. :arrowhead:

That rain will dry up some...you can see it's coming down from the hills in a NW/SE dir. No diff than a wintertime deform band that sets up across NNE and begins to pinwheel backwards at the tail end--- That is a kiss of death locally.

Hey my take on this.... It's really not worth getting into heated disputes over such an irrelevant time of the year. :rolleyes: I probably should sign off here for the doldrums summer months, but maybe I'm addicted. Good to be heading into Autumn now.

First of all, I made my call at the end of May. June was AOB normal temp wise with near record rainfall. July was slightly above normal temp wise with near normal rainfall, August has already come in well above normal in the rain department and I suspect by month's end temps will finish without any great positive departures. As many others have pointed out much of positive temp departures can be attributed to elevated overnight lows and not searing hot days. The difference between 55 for a low and 65 for a low is less perceptible than the difference between 80 and 90. I am most interested in the daily high as this aspect of the summer has the most impact on me and my business. The number of hot humid days here can be counted on one hand. It simply has not been hot here as you state. You seem to think that you are a trained meteorologist. You are not. Last year you got into trouble with your holier than thou attitude. Your didactic posts to actual mets here were met with howls of laughter. Your Winter outlook, despite your endless sermonizing, could not have been farther from what actually occured. We shall see, in the end, where the final numbers land for this summer. As you admit, I've gotten the precip correctly already. Please, in the future, refrain from taking a presumptuous tone with me. Others here may put up with it but I can assure you I will not. Maybe as you move out into the world and become a full fledged adult you will learn this character trait hinders more than helps.

Its been above average temp wise this summer. Anyone who disputes that is delusional. But August is tanking right now for temps so I wouldn't be shocked if it goes negative, however, I still think it will end slightly positive.

Cold, wet summer.. leaves are turning and falling. Only 1 or hot warm humid days this summer. great for outdoor working

Its been above average temp wise this summer. Anyone who disputes that is delusional. But August is tanking right now for temps so I wouldn't be shocked if it goes negative, however, I still think it will end slightly positive.

If the ORH departure for August stays where it is (who knows), the 3 month period for ORH would end up +1.33333

A little warmer than avg

Only really 6 torch days this summer at ORH. June 7,8,9 and July 21,22,23

Those days had departures of +9 or above

The bottom line is it has been a warm,at times very hot..humid, ,and wet, above normal summer temp wise..when people remember back to this summer..that is how it should and will be remembered.

Noone except for 1 in Western Mass and one in Eastern Mass..will remember this as a chilly, cool summer

What was the peak wind gust at Logan last night? And do you know what they got for rain out of this?

33kts from 040 and 1.43" of rain.

Sometimes Logan seems to report on the low side wrt excessive rainfall, but I think it looks right.

FWIW I think from here on out isn't too far from climo, so it probably will end up just a bit on the + side.

The bottom line is it has been a warm,at times very hot..humid, ,and wet, above normal summer temp wise..when people remember back to this summer..that is how it should and will be remembered.

Noone except for 1 in Western Mass and one in Eastern Mass..will remember this as a chilly, cool summer

Who?

Yes... +1.3 degree F is warm (just a little). 6 hot days... very humid summer...pretty wet.

Who in Eastern Mass says it was cool?

Not a really memorable summer. The previous 2 were IMO more memorable.

What is the chipmunk count at this year?

Apparently, it's muggy when it's 65/59 and the summer is below normal above 1000' in the Berks. There are a couple of delusional people.

Lol...the funny part is that he will deny in the winter that a high of 40F is a torch even though he trumpeted similar departures as being a torch in the summer.

Yes... +1.3 degree F is warm (just a little). 6 hot days... very humid summer...pretty wet.

Who in Eastern Mass says it was cool?

Not a really memorable summer. The previous 2 were IMO more memorable.

What is the chipmunk count at this year?

I got about 25-30 this year and stopped..Thought I had gotten most of them..Funniest thing was when Will, GAY and Scooter came to pick me up for the conf.. we walked around my yard..and i brought them down to the spot where they have terrorized the lawn..and lo and behold there was this chipmunk sitting on one of the rocks in the flowerbed..looking right at us..We even threw things at it and it didn't move

I got about 25-30 this year and stopped..Thought I had gotten most of them..Funniest thing was when Will, GAY and Scooter came to pick me up for the conf.. we walked around my yard..and i brought them down to the spot where they have terrorized the lawn..and lo and behold there was this chipmunk sitting on one of the rocks in the flowerbed..looking right at us..We even threw things at it and it didn't move

I was telling my Dad about that story...lol. He didn't give a crap that we were there...balls of steel on that guy. That was hilarious.

Archived