wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Sunday/Monday Coastal (Aug 14/15)

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice little enhancement right along the coastline of pym county.

I like how you can see the low level elements racing in from the ENE between BOS/ORH. Probably some decent upslope enhancement going on here...even below where the radar can see.

2weaxdi.jpg

I like how you can see the low level elements racing in from the ENE between BOS/ORH. Probably some decent upslope enhancement going on here...even below where the radar can see.

2weaxdi.jpg

Yeah that's probably a good alignment for upslope on the ridgeline there. The radar is really neat as you pointed out. It's a little more showery looking with those elements racing in from the east as you pointed out...also you can see those showery elements moving sw, to the east of KBOS.

Another low over Messenger's fanny too.

So, 2 of the last three months will be above to well above (June was record breaking in many areas of SNE) in the rainfall category. June was a bit below temp wise and August could easily end up AOB normal. I'd say my cool wet Summer prediction has come to fruition very nicely.

We will take a site close to you, ORH

june -0.1

july +3.0

August through yesterday +1.5

cool summer?:rolleyes:

I am sure you can do the math!

Hey there's ORH with the winds more easterly than anywhere else again...lol.

I still am not quite sure why that happens, but I'm sure it has to do with the terrain. Maybe the opposite of when on a SW wind, the valleys tend to be more southerly...on a more NE/N wind, the ridgelines tend to be more ENE. Not sure exactly though, but its funny that you see it all the time now after I pointed it out a long while back, lol. :lol:

I'm kinda laughing right now cause were studying the radar for upslope enhancement. Winter can't come soon enough

Other than that, windows are wide open. Feels like October 15

July had to be above normal event at Petes, but a walk in the park compared to the Midwest or NYC south.

But August... Some of the hotter days were on a downslope which has no affect on Pete or my micro climate. I haven't been above 85 in August.

We will take a site close to you, ORH

june -0.1

july +3.0

August through yesterday +1.5

cool summer?:rolleyes:

I am sure you can do the math!

I still am not quite sure why that happens, but I'm sure it has to do with the terrain. Maybe the opposite of when on a SW wind, the valleys tend to be more southerly...on a more NE/N wind, the ridgelines tend to be more ENE. Not sure exactly though, but its funny that you see it all the time now after I pointed it out a long while back, lol. :lol:

I think they tend to be a little less ageostrophic as well at that elevation. Anyways, it's interesting to see.

LOL, this low is going over the CC canal...or close to it. Logan gusting to 27kts now.

This would be an absolutely sick track for a winter storm... beautiful radar presentation, too... everyone gets hit hard all the way back to central NY. Even the BTV AFD mentions how nice of a winter storm this would be for New England and NY.

I think they tend to be a little less ageostrophic as well at that elevation. Anyways, it's interesting to see.

Yes, the winds will veer with height, so that's certainly part of it...but even compared to those spots like AFN, they tends to be more veered. ORH is a lot more exposed than AFN though so that certainly plays a role. I'd love to get an AWOS stuck on the top of Wachusett.

Yes, the winds will veer with height, so that's certainly part of it...but even compared to those spots like AFN, they tends to be more veered. ORH is a lot more exposed than AFN though so that certainly plays a role. I'd love to get an AWOS stuck on the top of Wachusett.

That would be a nice place to have a meso site for sure. I'm still pissed NZW is gone. That would be a nice in between station to have between BOS and GHG. GHG can be a little screwy sometimes.

I'm actually surprised there isn't a weather station up there... most major hills should have one, lol. Especially considering there is probably a road and power for the ski area maintenance that goes to the top.

CEF 2.03" last 12 hours.

Current Observations (8:29 PM) At Chicopee Falls, MA

Click here for nearest METAR dataWeather:Rain Dew Point:Temperature:64°FRelative Humidity:93%RealFeel®:60°F Sun / 60°F ShadeSurface Mixing Ratio:12.21 g/kgWind Chill64°FPotential Temperature:64°FHeat Index:67°FWetbulb:64°FWind:N- 6 g 6 mphWetbulb Pot. Temp.:N/APressure:1006.1 mbCeiling:1400 ftAltimeter:29.71 in HgCloud Cover:100%UV Index:0Visibility:4 miPasquill Stability: Flight Rules:IFRTotals & Extremes: (May not be available all hours)1-Hour Precip:0.07 in 3-Hour Precip:0.37 in6-Hour Precip:0.77 in9-Hour Precip:1.61 in12-Hour Precip:2.03 in18-Hour Precip:2.07 in24-Hour Precip:2.21 inSnow Depth:Not Available6-Hour High:70°F6-Hour Low:64°F24-Hour High:70°F24-Hour Low64°FPressure Tendancy:Rising24-Hour Departure-2

What's NewHelpContact UsAccount InfoTerms and ConditionsPrivacy Statement

©2011 AccuWeather, Inc. All rights reserved. Redistribution Prohibited.

flasher.gif

July had to be above normal event at Petes, but a walk in the park compared to the Midwest or NYC south.

But August... Some of the hotter days were on a downslope which has no affect on Pete or my micro climate. I haven't been above 85 in August.

Nobody is saying its a TORCH, the summer has been above normal at all sne stations, too say its been a cool summer is ridiculous and pure trolling.

Dude, ORH isn't even in my area code, not even close. I live in WESTERN NEW ENGLAND, ORH is practically in the ocean.

every sne station is above normal for the summer, in fact even burlington vt was +0.5 in june and is now +2.5 for august, dont have the data for july but I am sure it was well above normal.

Give me some numbers to show me that its been a cool summer!

Archived