• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Sunday/Monday Coastal (Aug 14/15)

Baroclinic Zone

Going back to the spring and I will use a generally "cool" spot that still has a substantial population meaning its relevant.

ORH

march -0.1

april +2.4

may +1.7

june -0.1

july+3.0

Not only has it been an above normal summer temp wise across sne, it was an above normal spring

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going back to the spring and I will use a generally "cool" spot that still has a substantial population meaning its relevant.

ORH

march -0.1

april +2.4

may +1.7

june -0.1

july+3.0

Not only has it been an above normal summer temp wise across sne, it was an above normal spring

But a cold year42d4d0af-c4c9-21f0.jpg

every sne station is above normal for the summer, in fact even burlington vt was +0.5 in june and is now +2.5 for august, dont have the data for july but I am sure it was well above normal.

Give me some numbers to show me that its been a cool summer!

My assertion back in May was that we would see a cool, rainy summer. June was one of the wettest on record, especially for you in CT. It was also AOB normal for many areas of NE. July here featured 2 hot days and we had enough rain to keep things lush and green. August, as Will has pointed out, will finish well above normal with rainfall even if another drop does not fall. August is only 1/2 over so it is premature to say where temps will end up, however, tomorrow looks to be the 3rd day in a row with temps remaining in the 60's with nothing but 70's in the extended forecast (which takes us through 3/4 of the month). I have had 3-4 days that have hit 80, the rest have been 60's or 70's (last week we had 3 nights with lows in the 40's). Does that sound like the sizzlicious August you and Blizz forecast? Perhaps you have been hot at your locale but certainly not here. Like you, I work outside most days and this summer has been a breeze. Because I live in a sparsely populated area I'm not able to provide numbers for this specific area but I assure you this has simply not ben a hot summer. We'll see where the final numbers fall, the wet part of my outlook has already come to pass. I'm confident the cool part will too. Where's the sizzle Joe?

My assertion back in May was that we would see a cool, rainy summer. June was one of the wettest on record, especially for you in CT. It was also AOB normal for many areas of NE. July here featured 2 hot days and we had enough rain to keep things lush and green. August, as Will has pointed out, will finish well above normal with rainfall even if another drop does not fall. August is only 1/2 over so it is premature to say where temps will end up, however, tomorrow looks to be the 3rd day in a row with temps remaining in the 60's with nothing but 70's in the extended forecast (which takes us through 3/4 of the month). I have had 3-4 days that have hit 80, the rest have been 60's or 70's (last week we had 3 nights with lows in the 40's). Does that sound like the sizzlicious August you and Blizz forecast? Perhaps you have been hot at your locale but certainly not here. Like you, I work outside most days and this summer has been a breeze. Because I live in a sparsely populated area I'm not able to provide numbers for this specific area but I assure you this has simply not ben a hot summer. We'll see where the final numbers fall, the wet part of my outlook has already come to pass. I'm confident the cool part will too. Where's the sizzle Joe?

KCON had 9 days in the 90s and hit 100 one day in July.. Thats really cold

Not all of us live at 1,400'

He is well south of all of us and close to the ridge which has baked the MA. SW CT and the NYC area did sizzle this year, we had a month of above with 3 days of super sizzle but it sure has been wet.

Pete its been above normal across sne, again as a whole nobody is saying its been a torch, but its been solidly above normal going back to the spring, so now when the FACTS state its been above normal that means cool? I have given you the numbers, if you choose to not believe the nws offices and there data thats fine. Has it been unbearable outside a couple weeks, NO, but that does not mean it has not been ABOVE normal, thats my only point.

Its been a very cool spring and summer in SNE, the facts and data are BS................you win :thumbsup:

ps the bills suck

ORH

march -0.1

april +2.4

may +1.7

june -0.1

july+3.0

Totally ridiculous contention that you urbanites insist on making.lol

Isn't it fair to say that 90% of the people that live in ur area code live in another world ?

Aren't you in the 413 area code as well. Self indictment there Scooby.

Aren't you in the 413 area code as well. Self indictment there Scooby.

Climatologically speaking 90% of the people in the 413 live in a different world than you do when I note your obs.

I wish Will could dig up the data for your locale and tell us exactly what your locale is compared to average for not only the spring this year but summer. i live in the tropics, you live in the arctic circle, location location location............its not supposed to be hot in the Lords land my good friend.:)

Climatologically speaking 90% of the people in the 413 live in a different world than you do when I note your obs.

Well, if you pay close attention you'll see that my obs are consistent with other reports from this area and elevation. Not even you have endured the harshest of summers this year.

I live at 1100 and only 1 90F this summer. That was 93.3F. I did hit 89.9F on another day. Elevation makes a big difference!

But your normals are a lot lower...90F is always hard to achieve when you have 1000' elevation. My house in the Poconos has had a warm summer, yet they've only hit 90F a couple of times, but that's what happens when you're at 1500'. It's not fair to use low-elevation, urban standards of summertime warmth and then apply them to rural areas high in the mountains. An 80F reading at Pete's is equivalent to 90F in NYC.

I truly believe last summer has skewed views as to what is "a normal sne summer"

Pete seems to think that its being rainy means that it was cool. He doesn't seem to understand the difference between temperature anomalies and precipitation anomalies. Trust me: I live in the hellhole that is the NYC inner suburbs, and it has been HOT this summer, especially in July. I usually only put the bedroom A/C on when it's really necessary for sleeping, and this summer was the most I've used it (I have been spending summers here since 2006, except for last year when I got a job in Montana.) I think I only had the A/C off and the windows open 2-3 times in July...June wasn't that bad, and so far August has been fairly cool/rainy except for the first few days. Being a gardener and someone who spends a lot of time outdoors playing tennis and running, I can definitively say it's been a warm summer. I can't remember hardly any nights in July with lows much below 70F, and the average monthly minimum is 65F here in July. We usually get a few cooler nights in the 60F range when I can shut the A/C off and open the windows for sleeping, but not this time around, not in July 2011. Luckily, it's cooled down a bunch and I'm able to be comfortable in my house right now.

I wish Will could dig up the data for your locale and tell us exactly what your locale is compared to average for not only the spring this year but summer. i live in the tropics, you live in the arctic circle, location location location............its not supposed to be hot in the Lords land my good friend.:)

It's been warm...especially July in all places. I don't care where you live. You can't have it above normal in low areas and then near or below normal in the high spots. But, everything is relative. His high spot certainly allows him to escape the brutal heat.

It's been warm...especially July in all places. I don't care where you live. You can't have it above normal in low areas and then near or below normal in the high spots. But, everything is relative. His high spot certainly allows him to escape the brutal heat.

Do think this message board could ever be an instant updating message board? Like whenever someone makes a post it pops up so you don't have to refresh.

But your normals are a lot lower...90F is always hard to achieve when you have 1000' elevation. My house in the Poconos has had a warm summer, yet they've only hit 90F a couple of times, but that's what happens when you're at 1500'. It's not fair to use low-elevation, urban standards of summertime warmth and then apply them to rural areas high in the mountains. An 80F reading at Pete's is equivalent to 90F in NYC.

Pete seems to think that its being rainy means that it was cool. He doesn't seem to understand the difference between temperature anomalies and precipitation anomalies. Trust me: I live in the hellhole that is the NYC inner suburbs, and it has been HOT this summer, especially in July. I usually only put the bedroom A/C on when it's really necessary for sleeping, and this summer was the most I've used it (I have been spending summers here since 2006, except for last year when I got a job in Montana.) I think I only had the A/C off and the windows open 2-3 times in July...June wasn't that bad, and so far August has been fairly cool/rainy except for the first few days. Being a gardener and someone who spends a lot of time outdoors playing tennis and running, I can definitively say it's been a warm summer. I can't remember hardly any nights in July with lows much below 70F, and the average monthly minimum is 65F here in July. We usually get a few cooler nights in the 60F range when I can shut the A/C off and open the windows for sleeping, but not this time around, not in July 2011. Luckily, it's cooled down a bunch and I'm able to be comfortable in my house right now.

Who the f*ck do you think you are to say what I do and don't understand? I knew the difference between temp/precip anomalies before you were born. Who gives a rat's azz about the heat in NYC's suburbs. We're talking about NE and I specifically am speaking about my location.

Running around outside in your short shorts and tube socks for an hour or two every few days hardly compares to what Joe and I do everyday so don't think you can speak with a real understanding of what it's like to face the elements. When it's hot on a construction site you can't run into mommy's a/c house for some lemonade. When it's -15 below there's nobody waiting to take your mittens off and put a nice hot chocolate down in front of you. It simply has not been a hot summer here as a number of other posters have pointed out it's been average at best.

Archived