12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
December 2010

HWY316wx

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, saw your post regarding that. I must have missed that the first time around. Sounds like you think it is a possibility. Thanks.

More of a fact than a possibility, given what has yet to transpire in order for a storm on the 7 or 8th... Dave and Wes also stated this was the case in the radio show the other night.

The storm this weekend is going to have to get out of the way first and get locked up in SE Canada before the models have a handle on the second one, period. Even with the PV around the Bay of Fundy early next week, exact placement and to what extent pieces of energy will have on its strength leave a lot to question. Furthermore, given the wave in question for next week is still out in the middle of the Pac, the models are almost clueless right now, except for satellite data, as to what exactly will show up on the California coast Monday and be sampled. Hell, the vort packet associated with the Sat-Sun potential won't be onshore the Pac NW for another 24-36 hours, hence most of the players we are looking at are not even being sampled yet by the RAOB network, and it all starts with the weekend storm. Look for perturbations to continue through the weekend, into early next week, and take note of trends as well as the general consensus via the scenario(s) with the best continuity.

Well said and a great reminder to all weenies and followers....chill out on the every model run differences until the pieces are actually on the table, right now just possibilities and something to track over the next 3 days. Then and only then do we really have a handle, a slippery grasp of what might happen. If people don't start reading through the threads before posting LOOKOUT is gonna send em packing!:banned:

rah mentioned flurries in their aftn discussion

per Queencity's note...from Raleigh:

"GIVEN THE RATHER STOUT 25 TO 30 PER SECOND CHANNELED VORTICITY MAXIMUM...THE FORCING COULD BE STRONG ENOUGH TO PRODUCE SOME SPRINKLES/FLURRIES ACROSS THE CENTRAL PIEDMONT/NORTHERN COASTAL PLAIN SECTIONS SATURDAY EVENING/SATURDAY NIGHT AS TEMPERATURES OVERNIGHT FALL INTO THE LOWER TO MID 30S."

Not much in the great scheme of things, but a fun taste of winter for y'all.

43 out here. Nice to see snow again on Brasstown :snowman:

i checked the webcam a few min ago and saw the snow, esp on the north view :snowman: it feels really cold today, even with the sunshine! mid afternoon temp? not out of the 30s (although barely lol) at 39.4 (yeah i know the .4 is probably silly since its in tenths of a degree, but sometimes it just makes me feel better since its closer to 39 than 39.9 is :scooter: )

It looks more like hoarfrost to me but it's hard to tell. It's wintry either way. Makes me wish I was up there.

that crossed my mind, but i figured since its well into the middle of the day and still there it was probably a coating of snow. still pretty, whatever that white stuff is

Well said and a great reminder to all weenies and followers....chill out on the every model run differences until the pieces are actually on the table, right now just possibilities and something to track over the next 3 days. Then and only then do we really have a handle, a slippery grasp of what might happen. If people don't start reading through the threads before posting LOOKOUT is gonna send em packing!:banned:

or better yet, just have certain members locked out, so they cant post UNTIL lookout makes his 'winter wx is coming' post lol

Sorry to bust through the conversation about the Carolinas' snow drought, but late-night/early morning snow showers dropped a cool half-inch here. Johnson City was a mess this morning, with alternating sleet and snow showers dropping visibility to around a half-mile and road conditions temporarily deteriorating as the temperatures fluctuated with evaporational cooling. I have not seen a thermometer read above thirty-three today, however. Man, I missed this weather.

Snowman.gif

LMFAO!!!!! The Met on WBTV in CLT just brought up the NAO during her weather forecast. She tried to describe it a little bit and all I could think was wow the normal Joe Schmo could care less what that NAO is and had no idea what you are talking about. LOL :pimp:

LMFAO!!!!! The Met on WBTV in CLT just brought up the NAO during her weather forecast. She tried to describe it a little bit and all I could think was wow the normal Joe Schmo could care less what that NAO is and had no idea what you are talking about. LOL :pimp:

kinda like my husband when I talk about it..blank stare then eyeroll :arrowhead:

That's Kelly for ya. She's an oddball met that's for sure. :rolleyes: I really have to wonder about her sometimes when she's doing a forecast.

I need to be south of Buffalo, NY right now!

http://forecast.weat...n&FcstType=text

I have some friends in Bergen, NY...Just about the same exact forecast (kinda) except I don't see "heavy" in there... http://forecast.weat...ld2=-77.942&e=1

They're bragging about the snow all over facebook and I made a status saying I hope we get at least a taste within the next 10 days...:rolleyes: I wish I had public links to some of their videos...they use a 4 wheeler to tow them on their snowboards up to ramps in their backyards and do tricks. Ah, the good life.

Archived