joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2010

HWY316wx

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alot of folks are saying it's December or bust, but I have my doubts about that :gun_bandana:

Seems sorta odd to me. I always think of December as "bonus month". Meaning, if we get some white stuff in December (front and middle especially) its bonus. But with La Nina and the NAO... who knows?

In the Nina years of 95-96, and 98-01 we had 7 winter storm level events in Jan-March and 3 in December. In the Early 2006 La Nina we had a major February snow event.

In the 2007-2008 La Nina we had next to nothing in any month. But we also had next to nothing in the 2006-07 non-Nina timeframe and in the 2008-09 non-Nina timeframe.

That was just the overall worst winters of my lifetime from a snow/winter storm perspective.

In the Nina years of 95-96, and 98-01 we had 7 winter storm level events in Jan-March and 3 in December. In the Early 2006 La Nina we had a major February snow event.

In the 2007-2008 La Nina we had next to nothing in any month. But we also had next to nothing in the 2006-07 non-Nina timeframe and in the 2008-09 non-Nina timeframe.

That was just the overall worst winters of my lifetime from a snow/winter storm perspective.

funny thing I'll always remember about the 95-96 year, it was the first time I saw snow fall in all 6 of the colder months in Shelby. Oct-Nov-Dec-Jan-Feb-Mar

We certainly are leaving nov and entering dec with one heck of a rainstorm. Its been pouring for hours with 20-25 mpg gust. I can't get to the gauge to check so i have no idea what the current total is lol

I am hunting the Fort Yargo State Park hunt. It was today and is tomorrow. I am hoping the wind will stay as low as possible.

I have found gust up to 16 MPH back in memphis, but nothing higher than that. Its going to be cold, but the wind chill on the side of a pine tree is painful. :arrowhead:

funny thing I'll always remember about the 95-96 year, it was the first time I saw snow fall in all 6 of the colder months in Shelby. Oct-Nov-Dec-Jan-Feb-Mar

We logged 40+ inches of snow in 1995-96. It was as snowy as last winter was here but with much colder temps, including a -20 degree reading on February 4th 1996.

So what is the latest on the model runs? There doesn't seem to be as much discussion about the model runs as there used to be at the old place.

Feel free to go over to the weather side and start a 0z GFS thread, sure you would have some lookers. Suppression city on the 0z global, ridge into the central plains dampens the shortwave as it attempts to eject out of the sw. 300hr storm for NE though...

Midlo,

You need to post a "Midlos greatest hits" photo barrage in the OT forum!! I will never forget the classic pic of you depicting Randy during a radio show a few years ago. The photo had the dude with a phone strapped to his head, with a rubber band. LMAO!! Ok...sorry for the OT. Back to the weather...

OK. I guess I was wondering because it didn't seem like anyone was really talking about it anymore on the boards. I guess they are into the severe weather tonight.

There was just a radio show w/ DT talking about the 00z gfs run. Tonights run didn't show a storm for our area but the models have been doing a lot flip flopping. It all depends on the timing of the s/w entering Cali. Still a long ways to go.

There was just a radio show w/ DT talking about the 00z gfs run. Tonights run didn't show a storm for our area but the models have been doing a lot flip flopping. It all depends on the timing of the s/w entering Cali. Still a long ways to go.

The GFS seems to always do a lot of flip flopping. That is why it is hard for me to put any stake into what it says.

Archived