12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
December 2010

HWY316wx

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lets see how JB does rest of the winter ?

This morning he said places south of DC BWI etc.... has seen relative to averages the worst of cold and snow. In other LA NINA !!!! Of course that's a pretty safe bet, I doubt we will see Jan Feb as cold as DEC against the averages. But that don't mean we are done with cold and snow IMO .....

This morning he said places south of DC BWI etc.... has seen relative to averages the worst of cold and snow. In other LA NINA !!!! Of course that's a pretty safe bet, I doubt we will see Jan Feb as cold as DEC against the averages. But that don't mean we are done with cold and snow IMO .....

I think there's a good chance December ends up the coldest, snowiest month of the winter in many places. What do you think ?

He's really going out on a limb huh? LoL, When you have a 1 in 100 year type of anomalous cold December, the odds of January or February averaging a higher %colder than normal value would only be like .05% regardless of enso state.

Might of been posted but these are courtesy of Matthew East's Facebook account.

166475_176556889042717_115746831790390_446615_3925238_n.jpg

148228_176556315709441_115746831790390_446604_5765384_n.jpg

It's not often I see my yard covered in snow on a satellite :wub: I'm in the southern part of Lexington Co, SC(Southwest of CAE) in the bright white band. It's amazing to see how much mby received as the area just across the river only had about 2" while I had just under 4".

That is some horse killin weather right there.

lol Sure is and there won't be any left standing

Makes our cold look like a day in paradise.

AKZ203-290100-

/X.EXT.PAFG.WC.W.0005.000000T0000Z-101229T1500Z/

CENTRAL BEAUFORT SEA COAST-

INCLUDING...NUIQSUT...PRUDHOE BAY...ALPINE...DEADHORSE...KUPARUK

257 AM AKST TUE DEC 28 2010

...WIND CHILL WARNING NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM AKST WEDNESDAY...

THE WIND CHILL WARNING IS NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM AKST

WEDNESDAY.

A SOUTHWEST WIND AROUND 15 MPH WILL COMBINE WITH TEMPERATURES OF

40 TO 50 BELOW TO PRODUCE WIND CHILLS TO 80 BELOW THROUGH TONIGHT.

TEMPERATURES WILL BEGIN TO MODERATE SLOWLY ON WEDNESDAY...BUT WIND

CHILLS TO 65 BELOW ARE STILL POSSIBLE IN THE MORNING.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A WIND CHILL WARNING MEANS THAT DANGEROUSLY LOW WIND CHILLS WITH

SUSTAINED WIND SPEEDS OF 15 MPH OR MORE ARE OCCURRING OR

EXPECTED. IF YOU MUST BE OUTDOORS...BE CAREFUL TO COVER EXPOSED

SKIN TO PREVENT FROSTBITE.

&&

$$

FPAK51PAFG_AKZ203

-----------------

AKZ203-290400-

CENTRAL BEAUFORT SEA COAST-

INCLUDING...NUIQSUT...PRUDHOE BAY...ALPINE...DEADHORSE...KUPARUK

335 AM AKST TUE DEC 28 2010

...WIND CHILL WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM AKST WEDNESDAY...

.TODAY...MAINLY CLEAR WITH PATCHY ICE FOG. TEMPERATURES 40 TO

50 BELOW. SOUTHWEST WINDS TO 15 MPH AND WIND CHILL TO 80 BELOW.

.TONIGHT...MAINLY CLEAR WITH PATCHY ICE FOG. TEMPERATURES 40 TO

50 BELOW. SOUTHWEST WINDS TO 15 MPH AND WIND CHILL TO 80 BELOW.

.WEDNESDAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY. HIGHS AROUND 30 BELOW. WEST WINDS

10 TO 15 MPH. WIND CHILL TO 65 BELOW IN THE MORNING.

He's really going out on a limb huh? LoL, When you have a 1 in 100 year type of anomalous cold December, the odds of January or February averaging a higher %colder than normal value would only be like .05% regardless of enso state.

lol - i honestly cant believe we havent really warmed up all month. it has been sort of surprising - and i hope the block returns in jan or feb :devilsmiley:

unfortunately, at this point i dont imagine that it will be colder or snowier than we have already had :thumbsup: to have had this kind of cold after last winter is awesome - but its going to 'have' to warm up some eventually. as long as its not a torch for the entire month of jan or feb :scooter:

Nice!!

Hey, I was down your way today. Hit the ole Jesus store, the Old Hamricks (with the wife) and braved the mall :weight_lift:

I take the Jesus Store for granted way too often. (thankfully I'm forgiven haha) You really are brave to do Hamrick's and the Mall!! Great deals to be had, I'm sure. I hope you ate at FATZ...Carolina Stacked Chicken w/Honey Barbecue Chicken appetizer is a religious experience in and of itself. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

We have a core group that keep it going during the non-winter months. Traffic really picks up in the fall and winter however.

Some great disco is had during the slow times!

I have been on these boards for 3 years now, in those 3 years (including this season) it seems there is always something to track. What's it like around here when we go snowless? Are these boards dead?

I have been on these boards for 3 years now, in those 3 years (including this season) it seems there is always something to track. What's it like around here when we go snowless? Are these boards dead?

If the wx is boring then there isn't nearly as many posts. Many of us like all extreme wx and are here all year. But after last weeks tiring and emotional roller coaster (and not a lot to track for right now) it's gotten sort of quiet. As soon as something starts brewing things should pick up

If the wx is boring then there isn't nearly as many posts. Many of us like all extreme wx and are here all year. But after last weeks tiring and emotional roller coaster (and not a lot to track for right now) it's gotten sort of quiet. As soon as something starts brewing things should pick up

I know I'm taking a break after last week! I was on this board half the day most days last week! I'll check in for a few minutes each day until something starts to brew...

16 days in December at PTI (Greensboro) have not gotten above 40 degrees. Only 2 days have been above 50, in fact Id be willing to say we've had maybe 10 hours out of this whole month where we got above 50 degrees. Of course that will change some after Friday and possibly Thursday. But the fact is this was a December to Remember. When all is said and done PTI will end up around -8 for the month and be right at achieving its seasonal snowfall average for an entire winter. Had 5 seperate occasions where frozen precip occured and of course a white Christmas to boot.

On another note I'm liking how January 7 through Mid Feb could possibly be shaping up.

I usually check in year around but are more active during winter months. I've taken a break from the board for a few days trying to catch up on some rest. I'm fighting a cold now and I think it has a lot to do w/ not getting much sleep last week. I'm not as young as I once was.

With no more rain (or snow) in the forecast here the rest of the year, it looks like this month will go down as .50" here. Another exceptionally dry month locally (and extremely cold). Yearly total is 33.00", which is about 16" below normal.

post-38-0-01600200-1293588486.jpg

Foothills,

You mean your annual average is 49"? GSO is around 42. That 49 seems kind of high. Not doubting, just wondering.

TW

Well I'm looking for something to track this weather is boring ! So where do I go HM -- Henry Margusity :scooter: LOL folks in the East, enjoy the warm-up while it lasts, because more winter weather is on the way after the 5th of January. Of course I'm sure he is referring to MA,NE Anywho maybe this warm-up wont last long ?

With no more rain (or snow) in the forecast here the rest of the year, it looks like this month will go down as .50" here. Another exceptionally dry month locally (and extremely cold). Yearly total is 33.00", which is about 16" below normal.

post-38-0-01600200-1293588486.jpg

Or maybe that is your new "normal"? Looks like only North Carolina/Tennessee will be eligible for snow in the next two weeks or so. If the progged gulf lows are real, there won't be cold air deep enough for me. Such a waste of good overrunning possibilites. I'll be rooting for you!

15 this am with a lot of snow still on the ground.

I must admit it is amazing with so many days now have passed since the Snow event to drive around and see everything with a blanket of White still! You have plenty of Snowmen still up in yards. Thats when you know you have had a true storm move through in the south!

Got back in town late last night and was suprised to see I-40 between Knoxville and Asheville still not completely clear! There were many off ramps still covered in ice/snow, and even many areas where the left lane was dangerous to drive on because of the slush that had refrozen.

My yard here in Concord is still completely snow covered which was a shock to me considering it got up to around 50 yesterday and only 4 inches fell Saturday night but I'll take it! Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and was able to get out and enjoy all the snow :thumbsup:

Archived