• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    mowsee447
    Newest Member
    mowsee447
December 2010

HWY316wx

I've seen this setup plenty of times here in the southeast, storm comes up the coast, cold air in place = SNOW !

It's that simple, I don't need models to tell me that, which is just a machine anyways.

To many people put their faith in those things, not me, I'll take the human way.

Good grief.....

Just make sure it's not any new math or something like that......

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've seen this setup plenty of times here in the southeast, storm comes up the coast, cold air in place = SNOW !

It's that simple, I don't need models to tell me that, which is just a machine anyways.

To many people put their faith in those things, not me, I'll take the human way.

But if it wasn't for models we wouldn't know the storm was coming in the first place (from this range)! ;)

Some people foresaw that December would possibly be cold, but did anyone foresee it would be this brutally cold for so much of the country?

Historic, all time coldest December when the record books close off 12/31/2010 at my closest airport PTI(Greensboro) and most likely for everyone else on this forum. Loving the way this winter is unfolding -NAO is keeping it cold. If we get just a tad-bit of help from the STJ over the next 10 weeks of winter, then it's going to be a winter to remember for a long time.

Single digits here we come. Down to 14.4 already.

Brrrr......

I am surprised with the temp considering the winds are still up there. Not expecting singe digits, will probably stop at 10.1 or so lol. I wouldn't be surprised to get to the single digits if the temp keeps going down another couple of hours

It is unbelievably cold :scooter:

Archived