northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
December 2010

HWY316wx

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What happened over night, when I went to bed things looked good for Thursday and Saturday ?

6z runs always whacky. The euro was looking too warm, way above the others at the surface. But your location is still looking for sig. snow and ice, imo. Today's 12z should converge, I'll try to issue my forecast after that, regardless if mayhem is still the order. I'm not touching on the weekend storm yet though.

6z runs always whacky. The euro was looking too warm, way above the others at the surface. But your location is still looking for sig. snow and ice, imo. Today's 12z should converge, I'll try to issue my forecast after that, regardless if mayhem is still the order. I'm not touching on the weekend storm yet though.

Appreciate it Robert :thumbsup: Now I gotta go to work :thumbsdown: But I will check in on my Black Berry ;)

Hope everybody has a good day !

12.9 IMBY this morning. 28 for a high yesterday. Been a long time since we have been that cold for highs and lows in December, especially first half of the month. Last I heard, ATL had tied their record low of 15. Don't know if they dropped anymore. Would love to get some winter precip. on this cold ground. We would not have the initial melting issues like we normally do.

Looking forward to it! Be good to us! rolleyes.gif

Only got down to 23 on the beach last night, wind howled all night, WC's had to approach single digits at some points. I think if the wind would die off some tonight we may get in the mid teens. cold for here for sure, bundle up!

on a side note alot of ornamental palms are taking a beating again this season after last years cold. in recent milder years people have started planting more tropical palms instead of the sub tropical palmettos you see every where here. the newer palms start to burn under 25. they usually come back the following spring however, but I wonder if mid teens may kill the tree and not just the foilage?

Archived