e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
December 2010

HWY316wx

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Atlanta is exempt from the heat island effect tonight, temps will be pretty uniform all over...I just feel it is going to be lower than forecast, my therm is accurate, I had it installed by Glen Burns a friend of mine about a year ago. Don't beat me up,,,,My high was only 26.6 today...Just reporting...sorry if you don't agree, look at some of the temps around Atlanta on Wunderground, one station was already at 16.1 a few mins ago.:gun_bandana::gun_bandana::gun_bandana:

Atlanta is exempt from the heat island effect tonight, temps will be pretty uniform all over...I just feel it is going to be lower than forecast, my therm is accurate, I had it installed by Glen Burns a friend of mine about a year ago. Don't beat me up,,,,My high was only 26.6 today...Just reporting...sorry if you don't agree, look at some of the temps around Atlanta on Wunderground, one station was already at 16.1 a few mins ago.:gun_bandana::gun_bandana::gun_bandana:

Didn't mean to come across as mean :hug: Just wanted to help you out. Most stations in the ATL area are 21-25 currently, a few are below 20 but normally it's safer to go with the majority.

I don't care if Paul Kocin installed you wx station. Your obs are always a good bit colder than other obs around you.. You said you live 4 miles for downtown ATL, unless you have some magical micro climate, I would bet you need to calibrate your therm. Simple mistake, I've done it myself. Not saying you're doing it but, posting false obs will.........

I don't care if Paul Kocin installed you wx station. Your obs are always a good bit colder than other obs around you.. You said you live 4 miles for downtown ATL, unless you have some magical micro climate, I would bet you need to calibrate your therm. Simple mistake, I've done it myself. Not saying you're doing it but, posting false obs will.........

Kocin!! LMAO :lmao:or we could re name Atlanta from HOTLANTA to the SouthEast TUNDRA!

Here's some observations which is why some of us question your readings, maybe direction of sensor, batteries, calibration?

We have been colder than you have, you have a lot of down sloping and it has been just about completely cloudy all day...

As far as downsloping it really has only affected the precip around here. My temps are dead on as I have the same weather station as my mom who lives 15miles north of me and a friend who is 8 miles north of me. We are all within 1 degree of each other currently.

22.8°

Don't get too upset with us just want to see accurate obs. not embelished or mines lower than yours posts that aren't correct.:pimp:

As far as downsloping it really has only affected the precip around here. My temps are dead on as I have the same weather station as my mom who lives 15miles north of me and a friend who is 8 miles north of me. We are all within 1 degree of each other currently.

22.8°

Don't get too upset with us just want to see accurate obs. not embelished or mines lower than yours posts that aren't correct.:pimp:

I agree on the Downsloping and temps. It does affect very locally and not that much, but my temp here is almost the same as surrounding counties and over to the immediate north and west on cold outbreaks. It does have major impact on precip though. We both can attest to that.

I agree on the Downsloping and temps. It does affect very locally and not that much, but my temp here is almost the same as surrounding counties and over to the immediate north and west on cold outbreaks. It does have major impact on precip though. We both can attest to that.

I do notice a fairly big effect here in GA though, ATL tends to be a good bit colder than AHN on highs in this kind of situation. Yes we have a few hundred feet of elevation, but there has to be some degree of downslope warming to account for the difference.

I do notice a fairly big effect here in GA though, ATL tends to be a good bit colder than AHN on highs in this kind of situation. Yes we have a few hundred feet of elevation, but there has to be some degree of downslope warming to account for the difference.

True. I was looking at an obs map of the Southeast earlier today and you could clearly see a bow of the isotherms from CLT to AHN, arcing west against the Upstate, that was really noticeable today.

check this out of KILM

CLIMATE...

AS OF 5 AM MONDAY...

EVEN WITH SUNDAY`S RELATIVE WARMTH WE ARE ACCUMULATING VERY LARGE

NEGATIVE DEPARTURES FROM NORMAL FOR DECEMBER TEMPERATURES. AS OF

DECEMBER 12TH...WILMINGTON`S AVERAGE MONTHLY TEMPERATURE WAS 10.8

DEGREES BELOW NORMAL...AND FLORENCE`S AVERAGE MONTHLY TEMPERATURE

WAS 11.1 DEGREES BELOW NORMAL.

ASSUMING OUR FORECAST TEMPERATURES FOR WILMINGTON ARE SPOT-ON

THROUGH WEDNESDAY...THE MONTHLY AVERAGE TEMPERATURE WILL FALL TO

38.3 DEGREES OR 12.5 DEGREES BELOW NORMAL. ON THIS PACE DECEMBER

2010 COULD BE THE SECOND COLDEST DECEMBER IN WILMINGTON HISTORY

BEATING OUT 1917 AND THE MORE RECENT AND MEMORABLE MONTH OF DECEMBER

RECORD LOWS FOR TUESDAY MORNING DEC 14...

WILMINGTON 16 IN 1960

FLORENCE 15 IN 1960

N MYRTLE BEACH 24 IN 1988

RECORD LOWS FOR WEDNESDAY MORNING DEC 15...

WILMINGTON 17 IN 1962

FLORENCE 16 IN 1962

N MYRTLE BEACH 24 IN 2004

NOTE: N MYRTLE BEACH HAS INCOMPLETE TEMPERATURE RECORDS BEFORE THE

YEAR 2000

29.1 today.

25 below normal.

A comment on the snowcover:

We now have snowcover from basically the North Pole all the way to western N.C. and hundreds of miles wide.Any air coming south will not modify much as long as we keep the icebox in tact.

Get the bread and milk , a big snow this weekend , that's my forecast and I'm sticking with it.

Iceage, I hope you are a prophet.

I've seen this setup plenty of times here in the southeast, storm comes up the coast, cold air in place = SNOW !

It's that simple, I don't need models to tell me that, which is just a machine anyways.

To many people put their faith in those things, not me, I'll take the human way.

29.1 today.

25 below normal.

A comment on the snowcover:

We now have snowcover from basically the North Pole all the way to western N.C. and hundreds of miles wide.Any air coming south will not modify much as long as we keep the icebox in tact.

I hope so (on the snow cover and temps). Ironically i am more concerned about qpf midweek instead of temps. With the intense cold and large snow cover, i would think the temps/dewpoints could get us below freezing. But without anything falling or reaching the ground due to virga it won't do much good

Iceage, I hope you are a prophet.

I don't care what he is as long as he is right :scooter:

Btw down to 15.1 :snowman:

Archived