Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
New England 4/4 - 4/6

Arnold214

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All is not lost, at least powerfreak's lodge got 1.3"...and we get to see a pic for every 3' of elevation change, up the mountain.

Hopefully we can see how much snow is at the stake.

But don't worry, at least we have tons of high pressure nosing in from se Canada over the next 10 days. :arrowhead:

Storm is moving:

SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TAUNTON MA

109 PM EDT MON APR 4 2011

MAZ003-004-008>011-041745-

EASTERN FRANKLIN MA-EASTERN HAMPDEN MA-EASTERN HAMPSHIRE MA-NORTHERN

WORCESTER MA-WESTERN HAMPDEN MA-WESTERN HAMPSHIRE MA-

109 PM EDT MON APR 4 2011

AT 106 PM EDT NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A

STRONG THUNDERSTORM 5 MILES WEST OF LEE IN SOUTHERN BERKSHIRE

COUNTY...RACING EAST AT 80 MPH. THIS STORM WAS CAPABLE OF PRODUCING

SMALL HAIL. HEAVY DOWNPOURS AND OCCASIONAL CLOUD TO GROUND LIGHTNING

WILL ACCOMPANY THIS STORM.

* SOME LOCATIONS AFFECTED INCLUDE...MIDDLEFIELD...CHESTER...

WORTHINGTON...HUNTINGTON...CHESTERFIELD...GOSHEN...WESTHAMPTON...

SOUTHAMPTON...WILLIAMSBURG...EASTHAMPTON...NORTHAMPTON...

HATFIELD...WHATELY...HADLEY...SOUTH HADLEY...GRANBY...AMHERST...

LEVERETT...BELCHERTOWN...PELHAM...SHUTESBURY...WARE AND HARDWICK.

FOR YOUR SAFETY...GET INSIDE WHEN THIS STORM APPROACHES. MINOR

STREET FLOODING AND PONDING OF WATER IN POOR DRAINAGE AREAS IS ALSO

POSSIBLE.

&&

LAT...LON 4239 7306 4239 7301 4242 7300 4250 7223

4224 7217 4221 7301 4230 7300 4230 7304

4232 7306 4238 7307

$$

FIELD

Some nice elevated convection around here with downpours and some decent lightning and thunder. Had a little sleet and snow mixed in with the rain earlier this morning, but no accumulation. Looks like Mother Nature wants to serve up a little bit of everything today.

2011/04/04 17:54 KPSF 041754Z AUTO 15006KT 1SM +TSRA BR FEW010 SCT017 OVC044 04/03 A2965 RMK AO2 LTG DSNT SW-N TSB04E33B42 SLP042 P0022 60054 T00440033 10050 20011 56031

Some nice elevated convection around here with downpours and some decent lightning and thunder. Had a little sleet and snow mixed in with the rain earlier this morning, but no accumulation. Looks like Mother Nature wants to serve up a little bit of everything today.

2011/04/04 17:54 KPSF 041754Z AUTO 15006KT 1SM +TSRA BR FEW010 SCT017 OVC044 04/03 A2965 RMK AO2 LTG DSNT SW-N TSB04E33B42 SLP042 P0022 60054 T00440033 10050 20011 56031

Yeah...thunder and lightning here in Northboro currently ongoing....

Where is your work, south of home?

There was and is no snow in the point/click forecast here this morning, hopefully those heavier echos coming are frozen for a bit longer.

Also, it would be sad if the seasonal snow totals here were lower than CT. Maybe a small accumulation to boost that up? lol

Today: Rain. High near 43. South wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

I work in Leominster, which is ESE of my house, but about 700' lower in el.

It actually came down pretty nicely around 10:00AM or so. Huge heavy flakes that were falling really fast, to be replaced by huge lazy parachutes. Whitened some surfaces for a few minutes, but was quickly gone.

Some parts of CT did amazingly well wrt snowfall. Around my house a little above avg.

I work in Leominster, which is ESE of my house, but about 700' lower in el.

It actually came down pretty nicely around 10:00AM or so. Huge heavy flakes that were falling really fast, to be replaced by huge lazy parachutes. Whitened some surfaces for a few minutes, but was quickly gone.

Some parts of CT did amazingly well wrt snowfall. Around my house a little above avg.

Didn't you get like 85" this winter? How much do you average? I think I have elevation envy - lol.

No snow/sleet here today...just off/on downpours with even a few lightning flashes...at 42F.

Absolute downpour right now...lol at the nam yesterday giving me less then .1 qpf. Don't have a gauge but it must be at least .5".

Just had a house shaking thunder as I typed this.

Edit: long rumbling thunder about every 2 minutes or so right now.

Didn't you get like 85" this winter? How much do you average? I think I have elevation envy - lol.

He was about a foot above average. He had 88" this winter. I'd call that a bit above average, not hugely so, but definitely above.

He was about a foot above average. He had 88" this winter. I'd call that a bit above average, not hugely so, but definitely above.

If 76" is my average, I was at 116%... so yeah, a little above. Lot's of SNE folks were at 150% or even higher. Great for them.

I'll show them next year, and they will all be sorry!

Although 2009-2010, I was right around average and many were below so I should have been happy.

Wonder if there is still any snow in my yard after this rain...

If 76" is my average, I was at 116%... so yeah, a little above. Lot's of SNE folks were at 150% or even higher. Great for them.

I'll show them next year, and they will all be sorry!

Although 2009-2010, I was right around average and many were below so I should have been happy.

Wonder if there is still any snow in my yard after this rain...

Its naturally harder for you to get 150% above average since you average more to begin with. Someone who averages 40" can get 150% by going to 60"...if you are +20", then you are only about 125% above average and need something like 110-115" to get to 150% above avg. But even taking that into account, the more impressive anomalies were south of you and to the east along the CP. Even where I am just to your south and still with some decent elevation was about 28-30" above average.

I estimate your 76" average from the Ashburnham coop with very good records which averages 78" per year...they are at 1140 feet though and a little north of your latitude, so I think you'd be a couple inches short of them.

Its naturally harder for you to get 150% above average since you average more to begin with. Someone who averages 40" can get 150% by going to 60"...if you are +20", then you are only about 125% above average and need something like 110-115" to get to 150% above avg. But even taking that into account, the more impressive anomalies were south of you and to the east along the CP. Even where I am just to your south and still with some decent elevation was about 28-30" above average.

I estimate your 76" average from the Ashburnham coop with very good records which averages 78" per year...they are at 1140 feet though and a little north of your latitude, so I think you'd be a couple inches short of them.

I ended up +24" from average this year, which is like 130% or so. I think you got more in 1/12, (like 20" vs, 17", although I might have under measured), 4/1 (3.8 vs. 6.8) and 2/25 where I think I started with 1.5" before rain and you got like 3". Those are the 3 events I can think of that led to my 88.7" total being about 9-10" lower then yours. Of course, there were probably some more elevation dependant events as well that led to maybe a half inch greater for you or something, but those are the main ones I can think of.

Yeah, I bet Winchedon, Gardner, Templeton get a bit more than me due to a few miles difference and maybe more upsloping?

Hubbardston seems a bit flat compared to some of the surrounding towns, too, even if the el is ok. Westminster has some neat elevation changes on Rte 2 and I love when I enter snows around there on the ride home, etc.

Archived