Gonzalo00
New England 4/4 - 4/6

Arnold214

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where are you guys getting this data?

And what is the original argument?

NCDC and no argument just discussion as Jerry was in the real good stuff in 60/61I was only a child but suffered the fate of living in SRI in a relative CP screw zone. Man 67 was sweet though and I remember that well but still can not match what that 6 week period this year brought. On another note, very intrigued by the sudden indices pointing towards a NEG AO NEG NAO in two weeks, that cold in NCCanada is impressive. Real spring not spurts of 50-60 looks a very long ways off. The next couple of weeks in CNE NNE could spring some sudden oops.

NCDC and no argument just discussion as Jerry was in the real good stuff in 60/61I was only a child but suffered the fate of living in SRI in a relative CP screw zone. Man 67 was sweet though and I remember that well but still can not match what that 6 week period this year brought. On another note, very intrigued by the sudden indices pointing towards a NEG AO NEG NAO in two weeks, that cold in NCCanada is impressive. Real spring not spurts of 50-60 looks a very long ways off. The next couple of weeks in CNE NNE could spring some sudden oops.

LOl did not see the Euro until now, heavy heavy not spring incoming

42d4d0af-07a9-39c3.jpg

How was 68-69 for SW RI? Did Feb 1969 hit that region like NY and Boston metro?

I alway wish I could live through that

NY got the Lindsay storm but missed the late month storm. SW RI got both, but just not huge amounts in either. Like 8-10 in each one.

I saw Will's reply. We'll never know. My area was better vs this one (was in NJ). That was a more wintry year in general but you'd have to talk to the older folks (my age and up) living in the area. This year had the epic 5 weeks ...as good as it gets. But was it better vs 78, better vs 93-94, better vs 95-96 periods? I'm not sure....would love to hear other opinions as it tends to be subjective for all.

I'm 5.5" behind 1978 and 33.5" behind 1996....handedly beat the rest.

I haven't really looked at much data today, for once. Seemed like the GFS was incredibly juicy, but is it on crack?

00z NAM is like bone dry. So yeah I think it is on crack lol

Precip rates have been impressive in western NY though so the truth is probbaly in the middle

Heavy sleet..and some ugly mangled flakes mixed in at a temp of 38..lol..If this isn';t exciting I don't know what is.

Hopefully we see some nice elevated thunder tonight/tomorrow morn

I hope it's a decent season this year. Last year started out great...we had some pretty powerful storms in early June, but then it just fell apart when the death ridge built in. I've never seen so much heat, and nothing to show for it as far as convection goes. I know it was better for parts of Maine and even out your way, but it sucked for much of eastern mass.

I hope it's a decent season this year. Last year started out great...we had some pretty powerful storms in early June, but then it just fell apart when the death ridge built in. I've never seen so much heat, and nothing to show for it as far as convection goes. I know it was better for parts of Maine and even out your way, but it sucked for much of eastern mass.

I think you should move to central Nebraska for a year or two...just you...the land...and the storms.

I think you should move to central Nebraska for a year or two...just you...the land...and the storms.

A little too desolate for me..lol.

I'm actually debating on going chasing next season. I've never been out there, and I've always wanted to. I randomly saw your chase pics the other day and it made me think about it.

A little too desolate for me..lol.

I'm actually debating on going chasing next season. I've never been out there, and I've always wanted to. I randomly saw your chase pics the other day and it made me think about it.

Good stuff if you can stomach riding around in a car for 10-15 hours a day, 3000-5000 miles in a week, with no guarentee of seeing anything.

Heavy sleet..and some ugly mangled flakes mixed in at a temp of 38..lol..If this isn';t exciting I don't know what is.

Hopefully we see some nice elevated thunder tonight/tomorrow morn

We have a good chance I think. Some boomers as UCONN tries to nail down the championship.

Good stuff if you can stomach riding around in a car for 10-15 hours a day, 3000-5000 miles in a week, with no guarentee of seeing anything.

Yeah that's the chance you take, but in theory I'd like to use OKC as my "base" and be able to go within 300-400 miles from there. I figure in mid to late May..that's a pretty good spot. Who knows....It might not happen, but it's something I can cross off the old "to do" list.

BTW, you should have a nice chat with vortex95. He's a co-worker of mine, but a huge severe wx buff. He goes to OKC almost every year. He's got quite the recollection of storm events here in the northeast. Apparently, he has some old radar footage of the July 1989 outbreak.

Archived