12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
New England 4/4 - 4/6

Arnold214

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same issues in the sports forum.....I always run into someone who pops a gasket when I claim that "the best team didn't win the WS".

9\10 it's an older gentleman....40's and up.

Not me on that. I am all about momentum and psychology when it comes to sports. The best teams often do not win it all. SF Giants ......

Not me on that. I am all about momentum and psychology when it comes to sports. The best teams often do not win it all. SF Giants ......

Actually, the statistically best team usually does not win it all.

FACT...NOT opinion.

The PS is a crapshoot because of it's inferior samle size....if you would like to try to make the case that 25 games is a more viable sample size, than 162, then I will refer to you as a kook.

What I will grant you is that sample size is an issue, but that is applicable to ALL of our data.

Agree, not trying to be argumentative either. God weather boring period quickly approaching but still have a woodie thinking about this past winter, staring at my home made roof rake right now and laughing.

Actually, the statistically best team usually does not win it all.

FACT...NOT opinion.

The PS is a crapshoot because of it's inferior samle size....if you would like to try to make the case that 25 games is a more viable sample size, than 162, then I will refer to you as a kook.

All very true

Agree, not trying to be argumentative either. God weather boring period quickly approaching but still have a woodie thinking about this past winter, staring at my home made roof rake right now and laughing.

Don't get me wrong...you're talking to someone who is rating this winter as my favorite, EVER, despite it falling 33.5" short of the statistically snowiest winter.

...and I'm a tough grader, as you all know.

Some other things to consider is that the NAO is of more relvance in CT, then it is to my area....once you hit the pike, it's correlation begins to drop off quite precipitously....by the time you get into SNH and the N ORH hills, and really isn't a big factor.

You also have to realize that while the NAO itself is very imoportant to portions of sne, it is not an independant variable....IOW, there are other factors such as ENSO and the MJO, which are all connected......that can preclude the NAO from being in an optimal state.

The NAO does not operate in a vacuum, independant of other influences....while it may very well be the most influencial variable with regard to far sne wx, it is influenced by other factors.

'55-'56.

'70-'71 was nearly strong and -NAO. But more of them are +NAO than -NAO. '73-'74, '74-'75, '75-'76, '88-'89, '98-'99, '99-'00, '07-'08 to throw out a bunch.

I thought there was one from the mid 50's, but anyway the point stands.

Strong la Nina is highly correlated to MJO phases that are very hostile to the negative state of the NAO.

Don't get me wrong...you're talking to someone who is rating this winter as my favorite, EVER, despite it falling 33.5" short of the statistically snowiest winter.

...and I'm a tough grader, as you all know.

Yea me too, what a sucky way to end for us. Hope we somehow get that miracle we have had in the back of our minds. Tell ya this I have been watching that cold air in N CentralCanada closely, ya never know.

Some other things to consider is that the NAO is of more relvance in CT, then it is to my area....once you hit the pike, it's correlation begins to drop off quite precipitously....by the time you get into SNH and the N ORH hills, and really isn't a big factor.

You also have to realize that while the NAO itself is very imoportant to portions of sne, it is not an independant variable....IOW, there are other factors such as ENSO and the MJO, which are all connected......that can preclude the NAO from being in an optimal state.

The NAO does not operate in a vacuum, independant of other influences....while it may very well be the most influencial variable with regard to far sne wx, it is influenced by other factors.

It's all interrelated but I am very much a AO being the bus driver for us in CT. I am very interested in the solar research being done too.

It's all interrelated but I am very much a AO being the bus driver for us in CT. I am very interested in the solar research be done too.

Yea, once you down to CT and especially the tri state region, it's NAO....mid atl, forget it. lol

The point is that regardless of how badly you need the NAO, you need other factors to favor it's optimal state...a la ENSO\MJO.

off topic but this would be nuts!! now thats impressive!! ohmy.gif 88 to snow in the same day!

This Afternoon: Areas of blowing dust. Mostly sunny, with a high near 88. Very windy, with a west southwest wind between 40 and 45 mph, with gusts as high as 55 mph.

Tonight: A slight chance of rain showers before 1am, then a chance of rain and snow showers. Areas of blowing dust before 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34. Wind chill values between 27 and 32. Very windy, with a northwest wind 40 to 45 mph decreasing to between 20 and 25 mph. Winds could gust as high as 55 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

I know it's not that exciting but we should probably start a LR thread since it looks like we are headed into a pretty active weather pattern over the next 7-10 days. Not sure what the ECM's take is on it but the GFS has pulses of energy diving down into the SW and then moving up at us on several occasions. Temperatures look to be around normal with the -EPO battling the SE ridge.

off topic but this would be nuts!! now thats impressive!! ohmy.gif 88 to snow in the same day!

This Afternoon: Areas of blowing dust. Mostly sunny, with a high near 88. Very windy, with a west southwest wind between 40 and 45 mph, with gusts as high as 55 mph.

Tonight: A slight chance of rain showers before 1am, then a chance of rain and snow showers. Areas of blowing dust before 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34. Wind chill values between 27 and 32. Very windy, with a northwest wind 40 to 45 mph decreasing to between 20 and 25 mph. Winds could gust as high as 55 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Ok where?

My guess is you got more. Either way, you were like 3 years old so it would be hard for your to REALLY compare.

No I do not remember but that stat was from the URI Kingston Official station not very far from where I lived. A perusal of the monthly data there said meh, pretty cold but no comparison to this winter at all.

No I do not remember but that stat was from the URI Kingston Official station not very far from where I lived. A perusal of the monthly data there said meh, pretty cold but no comparison to this winter at all.

I saw Will's reply. We'll never know. My area was better vs this one (was in NJ). That was a more wintry year in general but you'd have to talk to the older folks (my age and up) living in the area. This year had the epic 5 weeks ...as good as it gets. But was it better vs 78, better vs 93-94, better vs 95-96 periods? I'm not sure....would love to hear other opinions as it tends to be subjective for all.

Archived